OT: eBay invoice

Bought something on eBay and want to print something that resembles an invoice so that I can submit it as an expense to tge taxman.

I can't for the life of me find how to do it on the website.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Reply to
JoeJoe

eBay can't give you an invoice, since they didn't sell the item to you, contact the seller and request an invoice ought to work.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you go to purchase history and then view order details, would that be sufficient? You could also contact the seller as they should be able to supply one.

Reply to
ss

Thanks all for the speedy reply - glad it wasn't just me...

I'll drop the seller a line and ask for one.

Reply to
JoeJoe

sometimes one is sent in the parcel. Ask the vendor.

Reply to
charles

It is a problem, but I read that for tax purposes it is satisfactory to prove the purchase in other ways than having an invoice from the seller, so I copy and paste the order details and the sellers details (inc VAT no) into a A4 document and print that.

Reply to
R D S

If the vendor cannot supply and you paid using Paypal via your Paypal account:

Log in to Paypal Find the transaction Click on the transaction and a more detailed version appears There will be a line "print details". Click it. A dialog box appears - select the printer and any options. Print.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Impossible - need to ask the vendor and if he ignores you, tough.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 For most of us the entry in the bank/credit card statement or account book etc will be sufficient.
Reply to
Peter Johnson

Did you pay with Paypal? The email from them has all the required details.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)