OT: Todays Covid-19 totals

Rutland is doing well, only 4 cases, but Cumbria has 425 cases. That's way, way more than Warwickshire and West Sussex combined. Strange.

Reply to
Andrew

Rutland is doing well, only 4 cases, but Cumbria has 425 cases. That's way, way more than Warwickshire and West Sussex combined. Strange.

Eastern Europeans stinking out the fens.

Reply to
Pamela

Cases/(thousand population) might be a slightly more interesting figure. Rutland 4/37 Cumbria 425/500 Herefordshire 40/191 Hampshire 652/1376 Southampton 100/254 Portsmouth 79/238

Reply to
nothanks

Thank you for the forgery, Ophelia.

Reply to
Pamela

It is all down to numbers who tested positive, how much of the populous were actually tested and of course how many have had it and saw no symptoms.

The only numbers you can actually do anything with are the ones who were hospitalised and died, against the number who recovered. We are doing quite well there, but if the numbers increase too fast, that is when we get into trouble. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

It was on the regional news quite recently for that reason. They got infected very early on from outdoors types returning from skiing holidays in Northern Italy and have been a hotspot since the start.

Low population density and realising there was a problem kept it mostly in check until the sunny weekend of the lemmings when Snowdonia, Peak District and Lake District were all full to overflowing with tourists.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Damn! Seems like you can't have your Kendal Mint Cake and eat it...

Reply to
Richard

I expect the sugar content dessicates the virus in seconds and if that doesn't kill it then the menthol content surely will.

You have to be really desperate to consume that stuff - give me a granola bar or an apple any day. Even though they bruise more easily.

Reply to
Martin Brown