French isolation farce

London?

Reply to
Jimk

I have it on good authority that in France you must complete a printed off paper form authorising yourself to go out of the house. Each form can be for only one3 activity such as shopping or exercise.

Im told that to avoid a fine whilst walking the dog you must carry such a form completed by yourself saying you are out to walk a dog. Even when you have a dog ona lead you may be fined if your unable to produce said form. Any some say the UK have gone overboard!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

"The term "bureaucracy" originated in the French language..."
Reply to
Jeff Layman

+1.

You havn't lived in France, have you. The French are also the world experts in ignoring official dictums, for example the smoking ban in bars.

Reply to
newshound

Bit of a bugger if one doesn't possess a printer then.

Reply to
Richard

Yes the Belgians have a form you print out with a qrk or bar code that plod can read. If you are a cyclist in training you still need one. I do hope this does not happen here as my PAs would find all that very much an invasion of my, and their privacy. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

:-))

Or you run out of ink/paper and want to go to the shops for some more.

Reply to
ARW

The French exchange apprentices we had a few years ago sparked up in a customers house!

Reply to
ARW

Italy had/has this too. Search "autodichiarazione"

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

If you're happy about it, that's OK. Bummer if not.

Reply to
Richard

Or visit the library to use their printer because they are all closed too.

Reply to
Andrew

How do you manage without a smart phone then ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Up until yesterday, here in Argentina where I am for a bit(1), essential workers had to carry official authorisation to travel to and from work and renew it every 3 days. They have today extended that to six days or a week - I not quite sure which. The authorisation is in the form of a QR code on a mobile phone which the checkpoint officers will scan.

There is a curfew between 8pm and 7am and only one member of the household may be out at any time and only for the purpose of shopping at the grocery or pharmacy. If stopped by a patrol, you show your ID card. You are then told to return by the same route and show your shopping/till receipt.

None of this applies to me: I am over sixty five and so I Am Not Allowed Outside At All...

...but the infection rate is still low and not rising as steeply as in other countries.

Nick (1)Could be a considerable bit the way things are going...

Reply to
Nick Odell

I am content to wait things out where I am. Unfortunately a lot of poor sods are stuck in places where they are most unhappy about it.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Le 01/04/2020 à 15:27, Muddymike a écrit :

Hi

You just forgot to say that in 2 weeks the form changed 3 times.

It as to be fetched on a governement web site and printed or hand writed.

Completly unusable by old people living alone.

The fine is 135 ?.

Reply to
bilou

If you do not have a smart phone then you are probably not on the rather short list of essential workers.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell