Subject Author Posted Replies

Please tell me they are not mice
I spent yesterday in a hoarders house that was infested with mice. I know what a mouse looks (and feels) like. of Basil's Siberian hamsters? The two rodents were filmed at London's Notting Hill Gate...
4
4

Blood pressure variation?
I have been on blood pressure tablets, for a couple of years for high BP. Problem is that at rest my BP is around 150 sys which is too high, yet if I move/ get involved in any sort of activity, my BP...
84
84

PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of standard fused spur switch?
Please can anyone advise if i can use a PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of a standard fused spur switch. I understand that my RCD fuse box will cut incase of any fault but would like to replace...
19
19

Replacement for my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Gt19195 phone
It is cream-crackered. I am looking for a replacement, sadly they all see quite a bit larger, I am not a believer in the larger the better. Who wants to lug a great big phone around. Any suggestions...
16
16

Metal architrave box (for light switch) in wooden door frame?
Is it OK to cut a rectangular hole in a *wooden* door frame to insert a metal architrave box [1] for a matching light switch? (This is to go in the frame between the dining room & pantry/cellar head...
2
2

On Topic: Foam adhesive
I'm fairly new to foam adhesive and don't yet completely trust it. I need to fix some oak door thresholds to the concrete sub-floor and I'd prefer not to have visible brass screws. I could counterbore...
12
12

Bringing mains water into outbuilding without cutting into concrete base?
Yea these many years ago we built The Mother of All Sheds (uk.d-i-y passim) with a seriously meaty concrete base, and concrete block walls. Some time later we ripped the back of the house off to...
6
6

OT: bizarre flight movements around Luton Airport
I've been out in the garden weeding and as we're not far from the flight path to Luton Airport was enjoying the unusual silence apart from birdsong. Until I heard and then saw something like a Jumbo...
20
20

Gridwatch - a lot of nukes down or reduced load ATM
<>I noted that nuclear output was lower than usual and wondered if reactors were being taken off line for maintenance during reduced demand. Most of those off line seem to be down for planned...
13
13

Water softener - slow build up of white deposit in plug hole
We have been running a water softener for over 7 years now and it does make a great difference. The water is soft and shower gel etc. foam easily. However over time the plug hole of the shower bath...
15
15

Zoom - threat level and remediation?
Zoom has had a lot of (apparently well deserved) bad publicity lately. Enough to make people think twice about using it outside a closed corporate network. However I can't seem to find any advice...
6
6

OT: Face mask statistics and UK Chinese
The Chinese in the UK were wearing face masks very early on. They seemed to be simple material, home made or brought back or in from China and not PPE standard. Surely there should now be enough...
12
12

Workshop spectacles
No, not the sort of spectacle caused by dropping a lump hammer on you toes but the sort worn by Steve Fletcher the horologist on the TV show "The Repair Shop". ** seem to be two pairs of glasses...
24
24

OT Property prices.
As I predicted. Dire news is now emerging from the UK property market and it looks like the rental side of the sector will be the first to feel the storm. We are now seeing first hand how quickly...
5
5

Spooky
Someone sending a SMS to your land line. Tim
19
19