Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: eggs going cheap in Sainburys !
What a difference 3 months makes. A pile of cartons containing 6-packs of Italian 'barn' eggs appeared in my local Sainsbury a couple of weeks ago just as the normal supply of eggs seemed to come back...
79
79

Rocket firing typhoon
(26 Jun 1944) The newest of the RAF weapons is the rocket flying "Typhoon". Every day these aircraft are over enemy territory shooting up German Headquarters, radiolocation stations, gun positions...

How to repair a split in HDPE water butt?
I have a large butt (ooo errr missus!) with a split in the bottom (it gets worse! ;-) ). Google has turned-up a few suggestions on how to tackle HDPE repairs but none seem to be certain. Has anyone...
3
3

Slow news day and women parking
I have no idea who Naya Rivera is but if I had pulled up in that car park the first think I would have said to Lou is "A woman parked that car"
7
7

Drilling into concrete
I am going to fix 2x1 battens to a concrete floor next week. Using hammer-in sleeved nail type fixings, about 60-80 of them in total. I have a good quality medium duty percussion drill. Is it going to...
42
42

8 guns/ 4 guns Spitfire - don't get it
BBC News article claiming a 13 year olds intricate calculations persuaded them to fit 8 browning guns rather than the four planned. Obviously chances are improved of bringing down an enemy aircraft,...
89
89

TIme to switch over from CFL bulbs?
uk.d-i-y The uk part means we are in the uk.
22
22

Sunak's green £5000
Thinking how it might be possible to make use of the £5000 we're all going to get as a contribution towards making our homes more efficient. My walls are insulated and the roof insullation made...
13
13

Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Hmm I bought something a few days ago from an online retailer they only accepted paypal as payment when I hit the pay now button a new page opened and said something like paypal quick pay, hit OK then...
10
10

Ping JM4DHS
Were you recently discussing car refrigerant kits? if so what was the header or was the discussion not current, it may not even been in uk.d-i-y
2
2

OT access to uk.rec.gardening
I regularly read this news group but got this message today: This group either doesn't exist, or you don't have permission to access it. If you're sure this group exists, contact the owner of the...
9
9

Crimping Deustch DTS connectors
I have DT06-6S plug - along with correct pins & wedge lock. I don't have a specific crimp tool for Deutsch connectors (only fitting 2 plugs) .. could a standard ratchet tool for insulated crimp...
4
4

Over-priced eBay items?
I occasionally see items listed with a truly preposterous price. An example of such is this lathe chuck, for £1750!: My question is: is there a reason that people do this? No mug is going to b uy it...
19
19

OT: What is the point in a tracker you take out of your car?
Just saw on "The Grand Tour" them mentioning cars where they take the tracker into the house along with the keys. Surely it should stay in the car?
2
2

6 volt motor power source
Hi. Can I use via to power a 6 volt dc motor? Cheers. BKL - 10080100 - BKL 10080100 Assembled Micro USB B Plug with Open Cable End Straight -

BKL Electronics 10080100 This cable...

73
73