Subject Author Posted Replies

Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances
Typically for small mixers and choppers the "bowl", usually clear plastic, has three lugs which are rotated into plastic/rubber recesses on the body. Obviously the fit has to be tight enough to stop...
45
45

Wind farm
I visited the UK's largest on-shore wind farm this afternoon. Some of the turbines were running and others were not. I assume this was simply a factor of demand. There was one turbine we watched...
12
12

Pipe insulation
Free to collector. Around 60 metre lengths of Tubolit pipe insulation left over from the house re-furb. 6 x28mm, and the rest half each 15mm and 22mm. Mid Herts.

Lake & Elliot Bottle Jack
Clearing out my Fathers garage I came across a Lake & Elliot S142 6 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack. remember using this when I worked on my Triumph Herald and various Cortina's back in mid 70's All parts...
20
20

vax carpet cleaner [duel ]
used a couple of time last time switched it of cleaned it was going to use today but won,t switch on [HELP]
5
5

Anyone recognise this laser level?
Just bought this at a car boot for a fiver. Don't yet know whether it works 'cos it needs 4 C-type batteries and I don't have any spare ones. certainly a far eastern import - there are no ID markings...
5
5

Trying to locate mating barrel plug / socket ... ;-(
I'm looking (unsuccessfully so far) for the mating half to this, 'DC barrel connector'?: 's looks to be about 8mm ID and the pin 2.5mm OD, it's the end of a 42V / 2A Li-Ion battery charger for an...
14
14

Lidl - Parkside Bench Pillar Drill
I notice that Lidl are offering a new bench pillar drill as of 15/10/2020. Parkside Bench Pillar Drill with Electronic Speed Control £ 149.00 derived from the Bosch PBD-40. (Or dreived from the same...
8
8

Daft dishwasher idea
My Siemens dishwasher threw up a E15 Fault a few nights ago. Thanks to YouTube I found a few videos that pointed me to the Aquastop feature where a small sump triggers a float. I gained access to it...
9
9

OT: Best selection of accents ever
Brought to you by Jake Wardle at https://www.jakewardle.com. Check out my newest accent video (2015): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs Also my 2012 animated sequel to this vid...

How to seal CH oil pipe joints
I guess this has been asked before but "seal" and "oil" just produces masses of hits. 10mm pipe for interconnecting the isolator, filter, fire valve, etc. PTFE just seems to almost dissolve. The oil...
5
5

Boiler problem: Pump or Thermostat
I have an ancient Potterton Kingfisher CF55, about 35 years old. It has generally been as good as gold, but we will replace it in about 18 months. For 6 months we've noticed that the boiler case gets...
6
6

Boiler Problem: Pump or Thermostat?
I have a truly ancient Potterton Kingfisher CF55, probably about 35 years old. It has generally been as good as gold, but we are planning to replace it in about 18 months time. For 6 months we've...
5
5

Covering dark paint
Many years ago we painter the coving in our lounge a dark green (Farrow & Ball). SWMBO now wants it a light beige. Any tips for blocking out the green before the beige. Is just a few coats of white...
13
13

chasing electrical boxes
In the past I've used the angle grinder to chase out electrical back boxes and have created an amazing amount of dust. Today I tried a new method (for me) I purchased a couple of these for my...
28
28