Subject Author Posted Replies

NOT MY JOB
Remember to like, comment and subscribe! Facebook - onthetools TikTok - onthetoolstv Twitter - @onthetoolstv Instagram - onthetoolstv Snapchat - onthetools Remember to like, comment and subscribe!...

ABC
Remember to like, comment and subscribe! Facebook - onthetools TikTok - onthetoolstv Twitter - @onthetoolstv Instagram - onthetoolstv Snapchat - onthetools

Breakthrough - superconductor
New superconductor found, works at room temperature. Most important discovery of the decade? A compound of hydrogen, carbon and sulfur has broken a symbolic barrier — but its high pressure...
69
69

Hoovers for workshop dust extraction
In my shed I have a basic, noisy 1500w Screwfix table saw. When I use it I connect a 1000w wet and dry vacuum cleaner to the underneath extractor outlet and an old 1000W henry type hoover to the...
15
15

Finishing Aluminium
Hi Guys I am profiling a bracket shape out of 12 thk aluminium. Got as far as the rough profile with a jig saw and a bit of chain drilling and will dress it to shape with a file next. The question is,...
10
10

Triton pocket hole screws, what am I doing wrong?
above link shows a butt joint made with 1" Triton pocket hole screws and the Triton double pocket hole jig. The wood is 15mm thick on the short side. I did several test joints using thicker wood, e.g....
14
14

Flymo Leaf blower slider stuck/stickly
My elderly (well older than me anyway) neighbour has a Flymo Scirocco Leaf Blower (2500w) which probably never has had a clean despite regular autumn use. He said it wasn't working and he was going to...
2
2

Toolstation's search facility
I wanted some linseed oil putty - I put "putty" in the search box and got three pages of results, more than fifty items, only one of which (item 25 I think) was putty! They need to get someone who has...
11
11

Unused aerial bracket?
The guy I mentioned recently who phoned me asking where he could get a replacement TV signal booster ... that he didn't actually need ... ( at the TV works fine without it, probably left over from the...
19
19

Cooker connection point
Can anyone spot any problems? File:CookerCU.jpg - DIYWiki
20
20

Piezo Electric Gas Lighter
Recently bought a CK Classic Piezo Electric Gas Lighter for lighting our gas rings on the cooker. Worked like a charm for a couple of weeks then it has, twice now, stopped working and after 24 or so...
10
10

Filler cap on bunded fuel oil tank.
No expense spared, a new 1200l bunded diesel storage tank has just arrived in my barn. Most of the assembly work is obvious but I am challenged by the operation of the lockable inspection/filler cap....
21
21

Neodymium magnet puzzlement (2023 Update)
Hi. Just had a small sheet of .5mm thick stainless steel 305 delivered for a project I'm starting. I expected it to be compatible with neodymium magnets. But nope! Am I missing something? Thanks.
18
18

Extractor fan - legal terms for returns?
Just placed an order for: ST100HT Silent Tornado Hi-Power Bathroom Fan with Humidistat & Timer (Love the way it claims high power (not wanted) then boasts about "low energy" of 7.5W - not bad for an...
14
14

OT: disingenuous condescending RBS email
Hello G, We want to help you manage your borrowing and ensure your overdraft limit is right for you. As you haven't used your overdraft for a while, we're planning to reduce this from £3,000 to...
18
18