OT: Vaccine Passports

Hi all,

Please consider the ramifications of the vaccine passports that are being foisted on us without even so much as a public consultation, then kindly sign the petition against them (link below).

Many thanks!

Reply to
Paul S. Barford

I think they are an excellent idea. They will encourage younger people to get jabbed and I can go to a venue that requires them knowing that the probability of there being any plague carriers in the crowd is low.

On a purely practical point, given how long the process takes, even if the petition gets enough signatures, the rules will probably have changed by the time it gets to being discussed. In any case, even petitions that get to being discussed rarely achieve anything.

Reply to
nightjar

To be honest the horse has left some time ago, so its a bit of a late process, there are pros and cons and its been done mainly as a tit for tatt move due to the eu and other countries already implementing them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's not the

type anyway.

Reply to
Andy Burns

1) Go away. 2) Get vaccinated. 3) Do your duty and try to avoid spreading this virus.
Reply to
Chris Bacon

So, even a bigger waste of time signing it. At least the parliamentary petitions have a very slight chance of getting something done.

Reply to
nightjar

Get vaccinated.

Public health is more important than self-indulgence.

Reply to
Pamela

No, thanks.

What is the point in being vaccinated if one may not advertise the fact to someone who may be prepared to grant a favour or other privilege to you because of it?

Reply to
JNugent

+1.
Reply to
JNugent

Hear, hear.

Reply to
JNugent

Also religion (organised superstition), 'beliefs' rather than substantiated evidence, culture, customs, distrust and the Usanian Republicans, AKA GOP (Gormless Old Pillocks).

Any speling mistakes due to 4 pints of cider.

Reply to
PeterC

+2
Reply to
ARW

Anything that reduces the demand on the NHS is a good thing. And if a passport is needed to visit clubs etc, it will persuade the young to get vaccinated. Thus reducing the numbers in hospital with Covid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Dunno why you're having a go at the gormless ones in particular. Trump did this "deal" with the Taliban whereby there'd be a date for pullout if the Taliban agreed not to attack foreign forces (which were no longer fighting, anyway). Biden merely followed that, although there was no reason to.

Of course, such an agreement was just a green light for the Taliban to attack the elected government. It was also a green light for them to murder such as women judges and others in public life - a typical tactic of fascists everywhere.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Refusing to be vaccinated is selfish and cowardly.

Reply to
Bob Martin

A few people cannot get vaccinated because of medical reasons or because of trypanophobia* (the fear of injections), but otherwise, yes.

  • This is real and can be surprising strong. My company used to manufacture a wide range of medical needles. When a visiting rep asked what we made and I told him, he almost fainted. He had to sit down to recover, after which he made a hasty exit.
Reply to
nightjar

What was he trying to sell in a needle factory?

Fair play to the first aider that fainted when I cut my finger open and I asked for first aid (he did the course to make the numbers up) but fell over and smashed his head open on a table when I showed him my cut finger. I ended up giving him first aid.

Reply to
ARW

I think it was office supplies. Certainly something that had a general application, whatever the business.

:-)

Reply to
nightjar

Typical snowflake. --

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What's the poor c*ut going to do if one day he needs to undergo lumberpunctures?

--

"The Communists are further reproached with desiring to abolish countries and nationality."