OT: Vaccine Passports

only 1993

mine tells me that I was vaccinated for cholera and typhoid in 1970 (that must have been the year that we went to Spain, oh how times change)

Reply to
tim...

presumably part of the process is to validate that the name/address on these items (using the number to validate that against a central database) matches that of the patient

It's not simply the case that you could use Mr Brown's PP to verify Mr Smith's ID.

Reply to
tim...

So what you are saying is that there's no proof on the pass that you are Mr B Smith DOB whatever

But that's no different from the digital version

If someone wants proof of that, they always require secondary ID

That doesn't make the base material any easier to fiddle

Reply to
tim...

I have since discovered that the latest incarnation of the NHS app doesn't require proof of ID in order to generate a covid QR code and since I have no NHS appointments or prescriptions to worry about, I'm good for the time being ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

A passport doesn't have your name and address on it or associated with it.

... and if you changed your address on your Driving Licence it wouldn't invalidate your identity in the NHS App.

Reply to
Chris Green

IIRC the database does

They need this to associate you DL with it if you want to share the picture

Reply to
tim...

They are officially issued documents that include a photograph. That photograph is on file at the issuing authority and has been verified as being you. That means it provides a reliable source to compare with the person on the video.

Reply to
nightjar

I had that all I needed to do was take photo ID and proof of address to the my GP or rather they admin bod on reception. They told me I was set as inactive their system, and they'd correct that and that would take a few days to a week.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Proof of address I can manage, but my passport expired 2016, and is now mislaid, and my driving licence is paper.

Reply to
Andy Burns