Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler banging noises - worse after using F3 cleaner
When the weather turned colder I turned up the heating but the boiler started making kettling noises and then banging - it turns itself off and restarts later, with the same noises. I thought there...
3
3

Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?
A multi-occupier building has, in a communal service cupboard, a single standard 13A surface-mounted switched socket into which is plugged a normal-looking plug. Entering that plug are two different...
74
74

Identification problem
From time to time i am requested identification paperwork. the problem is that most companies not want you to go paperless, so how can you do this?
40
40

replacement TV advice
I cannot receive a decent terrestrial signal so am connected to Freesat via a dish. I also have a sound bar and a Humax. It is fine but overly complicated to use. If I am not around my wife has...
42
42

OT: slideshow in Photos
Until recently, while a Microsoft Photos slideshow was running I could right click any photo and set the speed to slow, medium or fast. However, this functionality now seems to have disappeared. Any...
2
2

Any idea what this is?
am not certain, but it could possibly have come with a wall clock.
13
13

Glasses for close-up work?
I had about 4 pairs of those glasses that have little LED lights in the arms (that I rarely used the light bit on) and were about x4 magnification that I use when I want to do anything that requires a...
48
48

Alarm V instructions
I wont go in to the back story but a neighbour has a home burglar alarm installed about 5 years ago. He was never left any instrucions but it was set by the installer. Not only do I think that was...
9
9

Boiler controls/efficiency
It is that time of year... I was a bit taken by surprise when someone recently suggested that condensing boilers work best at 65 deg. C. My thought was that it does not leave much room for DHW at...
18
18

Transporting a used washer-dryer by car
It won't fit in the car upright --- will it do any harm to turn it on its side while loading, drive it around that way, & turn it upright when unloading? Is it important to put the transport bolts...
15
15

Basement conversion
Who's been digging one then?
21
21

Quickest/cheapest way to make weighted post ?
Sadly the budget just won't stretch to the proper repair of our sorry fence posts and there are 2 sagging now after the last winds. I'm thinking that to keep things as best I can, if I could rig...
10
10

Dishwasher - spray arm split - seals overwhelmed
Starting with a shout out to all the seals who are pupping along the East Coast at the moment. But I digress. Called out the local engineer who services the Lamona kit for Howdens under warranty. So...
8
8

Safety standards for toys
It's the time of year when many of us start thinking about making toys for kids and grandkids (and then panic in 4 weeks because there's been no progress!) so I was just looking around for detailed...
40
40

JOHN LEWIS JL250 INSTRUCTION BOOK (2024 Update)
Hey Am looking for an instruction book for the John Lewis JL250 sewing machine. Any help will do.
8
8