Subject Author Posted Replies

Curious said Alice.
Got back from loading scrap steel this evening to find my desktop switched off! It is never *switched off* so I enquired of my best beloved. Sure enough, she and a remote friend had been fiddling...
13
13

Odd graph of Solar on ElectricInsights
The DRAX website showing energy sources, demand and price shows an interesting spike today when the price jumped from £88 at 16:30 to £195/Mwh at 17:30 then dropped back to £31 just after 18:00....
2
2

WiFi - further info
"Wi-Fi connections can be blocked or the Internet speed lowered by having other devices in the same area. Wi-Fi protocols are designed to share the wavebands reasonably fairly, and this often works...
6
6

Favourite satnav driving app?
Just been reading the "OT Motorway speed cameras" thread (good read) ( was wondering what uk.diy's readership's favourite satnav driving app is. I read about HERE in the above thread. I have recently...
9
9

Worktop/wall transition.
Have a worktop with the walls above it tiled. Worktop goes under the tiles. Grouting between the tiles and worktop looks excellent when done - but over time, movement of the worktop cracks the grout....
10
10

Which 'forever' keyboard?
I've chucked a good number of keyboards over the years. I've 3 sets of Logitech wireless KB/mouse 2 of which are great but one not so much so i'm going to replace it with wired. So if i'm buying...
21
21

New Electricity Tariff
Overnight electricity used 29kWh @ 8.863p/kWh = £2.57027 Storage Heat 1 2.0kW Storage Heater 2 3.0kW Water Heater Top 3.0kW Water Temp 50C Water Heater Bottom 3.0kW Only for Boost Large Freezer 1.2kW...
7
7

earthing
I'm building a self-contained semi-portable device. It will perform the following functions: Provide 300W of true sine 235VAC power Illuminate a room during a power cut, or provide a work lamp where...
21
21

Iphone latest update puzzle
My Iphone's had a software update last week and something is showing on the screen, close to the home button and it gives a quick buzz. Not everytime, just sometimes when I press the home button. The...
9
9

OT Motorway speed cameras
Just got a NIP for doing 86MPH. That is the speed I have passed them all for the last 10 years. Did they turn them on last week?
100
100

Measure diameter from 3 points
How do I measure what the dimaeter is for the 3 read points on the attached. The red points are 3 lugs to fit in to a round hole.
10
10

JG 10mm plastic plumbing parts - opinions
I have to rig up from 15mm copper to a water filter with a 10mm plastic connector. Seems to me a JG 15/10 reducing straight and a JG equal 90deg elbow should do the trick, I can get both from B&Q (I...
1
1

LIDL smart home from Sunday
Are these Lidl Zigbee smart home lights and sockets good or bad? On sale from Sunday. Smart Home - www.lidl.co.uk
6
6

Monitor screen burn
I thought this was a thing of the past! But I noticed some oddness across the top of the screen lately, it's been getting worse and becoming obvious that browser tabs are burning in!
10
10

Bending 25 mm plastic conduit
Has anyone done this ?. I have a 22mm bending spring intended for 22mm copper and it is a fairly loose fit. I was going to heat the pipe with my hot air gun and bend it around something round or maybe...
18
18