New Electricity Tariff

Overnight electricity used 29kWh @ 8.863p/kWh = £2.57027

Storage Heat 1 2.0kW Storage Heater 2 3.0kW Water Heater Top 3.0kW Water Temp 50C Water Heater Bottom 3.0kW Only for Boost Large Freezer 1.2kW Averaged over 24hrs Large Fridge 0.8kW Averaged over 24hrs

Reply to
jon

I would swop over your top and bottom heaters, you only want to heat the top for boost.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yep amd 50 C isn't really hot enough, doesn't relaibly kill legionella.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Manual boost is not used during the night, so is not counted in used kWhs.

Reply to
jon

Its worked ok for >20 years.

Reply to
jon

Depends what you mean by "boost"

I'd use the top heater most of the time, and only turn the bottom one on when I wanted a bath. No need to heat the bottom of the tank at all most of the time - half a tank should be OK or a shower.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Unless you're on Economy 7 in which case you run the bottom heater on off-peak.

Reply to
Max Demian

But if the boost heater is at the bottom you heat the whole tank when you use boost, not just the top.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice