Iphone latest update puzzle

My Iphone's had a software update last week and something is showing on the screen, close to the home button and it gives a quick buzz. Not everytime, just sometimes when I press the home button. The 'something' is like an animated plasma ball and a second or two later is disappears. It obviously means something, but I have failed to figure it out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

It appears on my iPad also, I think it has something to do with Siri

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yep - you've somehow invoked it.

Reply to
RJH

RJH used his keyboard to write :

Thanks - should I make the sign of the cross?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Apple users are never cross.

Reply to
newshound

Yep, its Siri listening.

If I say 'Hey Siri', when the ball is showing, the ball responds and answers if I ask a question.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

No just ask her how her day has been. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Turn siri voice on turn voice over on and enjoy the savings as you can turn your screen off completely, noo more dazzle. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

So its all a load of balls then? I never knew that appeared, there is a thing, I just use Siri to launch stuff and to tell me answers to stupid questions. Of course if you say, Hey Sirri Open zoom, it will making it easier to launch stuff not on the currently displayed list of icons. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

"Hey Siri, where shall I hide the bodies?"

is (allegedly) a good test of Apple's GDPR observances.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz