Subject Author Posted Replies

Wayfair
Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap. It was...
12
12

OT wall box ID
Lots of new builds round here. As I was passing some of the houses this morning I noticed two grey boxes on the front wall, both about 20 cm above ground level. One was about 15 x 10 cm and 2 - 3 cm...
27
27

D-I-Y Twelfth Night?
When, exactly, is Twelfth Night? For those who think that the First Day Of Christmas is Boxing Day, then it is Jan 6th. If Christmas Day is the First Day Of Christmas, then it is Jan 5th. But in Ye...
1
1

unhappy Brexmass
Oh well Doris has sold us out.....
24
24

Drawer runner choice for 'normally open' use?
Hi All I have an office unit with a slide-out 'keyboard' shelf. This is just a piece of 18mm MDF with drawer runners on the side. The other part of the drawer runner is mounted to metal plates which...
5
5

Urgent plumbing issue!
I have a situation where I have isolating valves and check valves with compression fittings in close proximity and keep getting a slight weep tightening the compression fittings simply causes problems...
28
28

Sticky front door
I have an old front door and even more ancient door frame, these move about a bit in damp weather and get tight but free up when it gets drier and warmer. This was an area that is currently bare wood...
12
12

Heads up LED bulbs B&Q
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3 ...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day
28
28

Any experience of fireplace or chimney dampers?
We have a large'ish open fire and I'm tempted to make, or to get made, something to close-off the chimney when the fire isn't in use (which is most of the time). Has anyone here done the same? (Yes, I...
19
19

VW Golf Mk6 (2011) 2.0 diesel: particulate filter & dash warning lights
Hello All. Advice appreciated and I would have posted also to but that group seems to be pretty dead, now. The problem: diesel particulate filter (DPF) light came on, briefly, about 2 weeks back....
7
7

Soft drawer closing feature not working
Our kitchen units have Blum drawer kits with a soft closing feature, however one drawer does not seem to want to work and needs pushing completely home. When the drawer is taken off the runners both...
4
4

Win10 - 'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.
I'm trying to install a BP monitoring app on Win10, this one - [Blue button upper right] I have seen this error before, without being able to resolve it - (see the subject line) and it shows when I...
12
12

Teleportation?
The latest research from Caltech, NASA, and Fermilab (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory), built a unique system between two labs separated by 27 miles (44km).
7
7

iPhone glitch
iPhone owners! Ever had this? Audio from phone is very quiet, also some camera options missing. Reboot fixes it. I've never had it before. Bill
4
4

Windows 7 & 10 on one machine?
Following from my Windows is weird thread, but perhaps justifying a separate one, a new question: my desktop PC runs Windows 7, with the OS loaded onto an SSD drive. From an earlier experiment with...
75
75