Subject Author Posted Replies

Santa
I got a software update to my Samsung tv that seems to have made it worse at connecting to wifi and occasionally results in the talking features being half turned off, I do sometimes worry about the...
24
24

Facebook question
Does anyone know how to find the starting date for a Facebook group if you're the admin? Bill
4
4

cool item
Does it make Radio 3 sound any better ? The left and right direction of the rotating roller can be adjusted to make the workpiece or retreat and then grind. PGA hand-cranked grinder, used with a...
4
4

Top Quality Bathroom Fittings
Hi all I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog. The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is...
6
6

Car Charging
Realisticallty - if it was a new norm - what additional cost would it be for new builds to have a 3 phase supply brought to the meter enclosure for possible use for a car charger?
21
21

Wayfair
Ive just fitted a ceramic sink STWNFI ordered from Wayfair. I must say I was impressed with the quality, delivery and the fact it came complete with waste, trap and even a decent quality tap. It was...
12
12

OT wall box ID
Lots of new builds round here. As I was passing some of the houses this morning I noticed two grey boxes on the front wall, both about 20 cm above ground level. One was about 15 x 10 cm and 2 - 3 cm...
27
27

D-I-Y Twelfth Night?
When, exactly, is Twelfth Night? For those who think that the First Day Of Christmas is Boxing Day, then it is Jan 6th. If Christmas Day is the First Day Of Christmas, then it is Jan 5th. But in Ye...
1
1

unhappy Brexmass
Oh well Doris has sold us out.....
24
24

Drawer runner choice for 'normally open' use?
Hi All I have an office unit with a slide-out 'keyboard' shelf. This is just a piece of 18mm MDF with drawer runners on the side. The other part of the drawer runner is mounted to metal plates which...
5
5

Urgent plumbing issue!
I have a situation where I have isolating valves and check valves with compression fittings in close proximity and keep getting a slight weep tightening the compression fittings simply causes problems...
28
28

Sticky front door
I have an old front door and even more ancient door frame, these move about a bit in damp weather and get tight but free up when it gets drier and warmer. This was an area that is currently bare wood...
12
12

Heads up LED bulbs B&Q
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3 ...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day
28
28

Any experience of fireplace or chimney dampers?
We have a large'ish open fire and I'm tempted to make, or to get made, something to close-off the chimney when the fire isn't in use (which is most of the time). Has anyone here done the same? (Yes, I...
19
19

VW Golf Mk6 (2011) 2.0 diesel: particulate filter & dash warning lights
Hello All. Advice appreciated and I would have posted also to but that group seems to be pretty dead, now. The problem: diesel particulate filter (DPF) light came on, briefly, about 2 weeks back....
7
7