Not TV wall mounting

Just dropped a 2 grand TV whilst wall mounting it and it's f***ed.

Reply to
ARW

Oh bloody hell. Any chance of lying your way out of it? That's usually the best way I generally found.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Ouch.

Has your van got it's usual calendar appointment booked to burst into flames in the next few days?

Any room for the TV in the back?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You mean you forgot to bring an apprentice to blame? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

so who pays for the replacement TV? :-)

Reply to
SH

Would this be a re-box and warranty claim? Where you say "I thought the box looked as if somebody had already opened it"?

Or did the customer witness the whole accident?

Reply to
Fredxx

Oof! Video? ;)

Reply to
Richard

ouch.

Blame whoever sent you alone to do a 2-person job (unless it was the managing director's daughter)?

Reply to
Robin

Completely f***ed or repairably f***ed?

If it's the backlights then it's probably easily repairable.

If the LCD screen is smashed but the fresnel panel is okay you can turn it into a flat panel light with this one simple hack.

And have they got the receipt for it because if it's a "2 grand TV" but they bought it from a man in the pub then you're not liable for £2k.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I hope none of your apprentices were watching at the time. I'm assuming you are insured. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Depends on the fault, but if its the screen that is 2 thirds of the cost I'd imagine. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

was this your TV or a customer's/friend's/relative's TV?

Reply to
SH

And I was pissed off when I smashed the screen of a week-old £650 monitor! Won't be an economic repair, but I am still trying to decide whether to try shifting the boards on eBay. I'd be happier to give it away to a potential repairer than to dump it in the electronics skip at the tip.

Reply to
newshound

As long as you were wearing safety shoes/boots then it's not a problem :-)

Reply to
Andrew

As an aside, how far up the wall are the power socket and aerial outlet positioned ?. I am about to attack the wall where I intend to wall-mount mine and can't decide what the correct height is for the back boxes.

Reply to
Andrew

You obviously didn't get advice from Currys. ;-)

Hope the house insurance covers it - or yours.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Having been looking for a board to repair a Sony TV, good used parts from a smashed one are in demand. Perhaps not to the same degree with a monitor, though. But being able to advertise as new should help.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Here, sockets at knee-height, top of TV at waist-height; too much higher and you'll crick your neck ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Lots of people seem to hang their 65 inch tv's half way up the wall. Personally I think 1/3 up is about right, and if you want to hide the sockets behind it, then waist high doesn't seem high enough. Time to nose around some show houses I think.

Reply to
Andrew

Is it your own? :( :)

Reply to