Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing MCB
Typically, or more specifically an MK Sentry CU, can you replace an MCB without dropping the busbar from all the other MCBs?
10
10

Solar reflective film?
Has anyone ever fitted this to their windows? What was the overall effect of doing so? I was chatting with the sales rep and they said that it doesn't stop the solar heating effect heat the room to...
57
57

Soggy worktop behind kitchen sink
Recently had a new sink replacement set into one of those worktops made of composite fibrous material with a mock granite resin surface. The strip of worktop along the back of the cutout for the sink...
17
17

TOT backup software
Recommendations for backup software for a win10 PC to network drive - with the possibility of cloning the disk. I have been using acronis for many years but their (paid for) 2021 version now includes...
8
8

"I need a new laptop....."
"It's overheating and......." "Bring it home, i'll have a look at it" Windows, password is "password", Defender turned off. Trying to enable defender just pulls up file manager. FFS
40
40

Pssd off with paint.
Bloody stuff. South facing windows, a year or two, then off it comes. If I ever make more windows, I don't think I'll paint them, just use linseed oil. Slap it on, the wood sucks it up, recoat as...
2
2

Mending a broken step
I've been asked to mend a step in a back garden Photo here 'm thinking of screwing some old contiboard shelving to the front edge and side edge to make shuttering and then filling it with concrete or...
10
10

OT: Why are 3 door cars allowed on the road?
We have safety requirements for almost everything, but having no door next to you in the back is surely a problem in a fire or rolled squished car?
204
204

Combi boiler with no pressure gauge?
A friend has an Ideal Logic+ combi boiler which is displaying the message, "Low Water pressure." The boiler has stopped supplying hot water and will not respond to a restart. I talked her through the...
9
9

3D Printing
Read a very naive comment about the Vulcan Bomber in response to him being told that parts were no longer available for the engines and airframe. He suggested the original manufacturers could 3D Print...
17
17

ACO drain for edge of drive
Hi, I would like some advice on the edge of my drive. When it was laid the driveway would have been over or close to the DPC and as a result a channel of 350mm was put between the house and the drive,...

Re-wiring table lamps
I have a couple of table lamps that have black cords with inline switches that I simply want to replace with less obtrusive white cords minus the switches as we use Smart sockets to switch them...
10
10

OT: Credit card contactless purchase worry
I bought some items from a local garage, ~£15, and "paid contactless" except the cashier pressed the chip against his reader when I presented it. I'm now worrying as to whether that served any other...
41
41

Hot water Cast iron radiator
Hi, I have a cast-iron radiator has 4inlets one on each side at the top and one on each side at the bottom. What is the best way to bring my hot water in? At the top or at the bottom, and what’s the...
3
3

Wood hardener/sash windows
I made these sashes and the box frames over 20 years ago, and they have been very sadly neglected. Having purchased a nice selection of Mighton's draughtproofing products, I have been removing the...
7
7