What would you do with?

Four 6 metre long strips of spring steel from a pop-up tent frame?

I was disposing of a burnt out tent from our local beach and it?s the type of self-erecting tent that uses a springy frame made of 5mm wide, maybe

1.5mm thick strips.

As I couldn?t fit the tent in the bin by the beach with the steel in situ I removed them. They look handy for *something*, I just don?t know what for yet. ;-)

Any suggestions?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

A number of small toy crossbows :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

electrician's mice?

Reply to
N_Cook

You could try easing one slowly up Cursitor Doom's arse if you knew where to find him.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

It doesn't really matter what you think it might come in useful for: ten minutes after you've dumped it at the recycling centre/the skip with it has been driven away, you'll come across a problem for which 4 six-metre-long strips of spring steel are the only solution.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Ain?t that the truth. ;-)

Best suggestion so far seems to be to use one for threading cables. Doesn?t solve the problem of what to do with the other three though? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You would have a tough time cutting that I'd imagine.

How about some kind of awning stiffener, or maybe a poly tunnel holder upper. I'm thinking derivatives of the tent application here.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Some large catapults for getting ropes over high trees for Radio hams?

Strap to replace arris rails on a fence with too long a span that is always breaking in the wind, erm, offer them to University arts department so they can make them into a sculpture of some kind. I'm sure they would love them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Drain rods? They're the sort of thing that might be useful for doing a drain CCTV survey - strap a £10 ebay inspection camera to them and wiggle them around the bends. They're probably a lot more flexible than regular drain rods.

Also cable rods, on a similar principle.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Speaking of Radio Hams, what has happened to Jim and T i m ?

They seem to have gone very quiet for over a week now.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

angle grinder :-)