What would you do with this shower?

I'm thinking of re-doing a shower stall that is currently tiled, and I want a smooth surface without tiles (I don't care how nice the latest whiz-bang grout is). The bathroom doorway is fairly narrow, but I don't want to knock down any walls.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
mike

solid granite slabs.

Reply to
charlie

That is somewhat interesting, although I kinda wonder what I'd do for the floor with the need for sloping to get the water to the existing drain. I guess I could just leave the small floor tiles as is and get some cheap slabs that don't clash with the floor color..

Reply to
mike

I have seen a TV program where they lined the shower with a solid surface countertop material such as Corian. If you stay with tiles, change to large sized ones, I just did a shower with 12" x 24" tiles, but some tiles are even bigger, very few grout joints.

Reply to
EXT

Reply to
Michael B

Can't see that rascal without a picture.

Mine is made from a fiberglass pan and cultured marble sheets on 3 sides with a glass door on the fourth side.

2 vertical silicone caulk seams and one around the base. The base goes in before the green board and the slabs over that. 15 years and I really should pull out the old caulk and redo it. But what the heck.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Perhaps you get a terrazzo shower pan, then use tempered glass for the walls and ceiling having the glass shop drill holes for the plumbing and a steam vent. The light can be above the ceiling and shine in through the top. For the corners have a sheet metal shop bend some polished stainless that the glass can be inset and sealed. You can find some wall paper to paste behind the glass or perhaps get uncut sheets of dollar bills for the wall paper.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf