Replacing cracked Neo Angle shower base

We have a Neo-Angle shower with floor-to-ceiling tiled walls on the two fixed sides.

The base has one large through-and-through crack on the side walls of the base plus several spider cracklines that have not yet fully developed into cracks.

Is there any way to replace the base without having to gut the fixed tile walls?

My concern is that the existing tile is expensive and I'm not sure if I can even find matching replacement (the tiles are 12" x 12" marble-like and we are not the original owners so I don't even know where they were bought.)

So, Ideally I would like to rip out the plastic/fiberglass neo base without having to pull out and risk breaking any of the wall or floor tiles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

I don't know if a simple solution exists but I do have some thoughts.

Contact customer service of one of the base manufacturer. They have probably run into this and may have a solution.

Using a multi tool, you can probably cut around the old base close to the tile. You can fit in a new base, but still have an ugly edge to figure out.

I doubt the bottom row of tile can be remvoed with no damage.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski