Subject Author Posted Replies

2d drawing package
Anyone care to suggest a free package for simple 2 dimensional architectural drawings? My copy of Sketchup seems to have failed the move to W7 pro.
9
9

OT: Pylon power?
I was driving home in the dark the other day and noticed some pylons with flashing red beacons on top of them. I got to wondering how they were powered. Obviously no shortage of nearby power but...
7
7

Central heating motorised valve issue
My wife has been stuffing stuff under the stairs where the hot water tank and heating/hot water controls are and i think has dislodged a cable as the central heating won't turn on from the controller....
5
5

Changing my mind with BT Broadband.
I have recently signed up with BT for a broadband connection, which started on the 12th November. Since then, I have not been able to connect to Alexa or Sonos. These facilities were working fine on...
17
17

Citroen C3 Picasso rear disk replacement
Just been helping my neighbour change rear disks and pads on a C3 Picasso. Typical Peugeot/Citoen, the rear disks have sealed bearing inside the disks and you cannot buy the disks on their own...
23
23

Light Switch with neon inicator
I have a light switch that connects to a couple of LED strip in my loft. (single story property). A couple of weeks ago I realised that I had closed the hatch, forgetting to turn the switch off. I...
8
8

Repositioning oven cable outlet and isolator?
I'm preparing various channels in the wall ready for the new kitchen wiring and some plastering. The new kitchen will be installed pretty soon. We have an oven and a combi microwave/oven above it in a...
9
9

GRRR!!!!! BT Fault reporting ?????
How the F***ING HELL do I get to BT to report a fault on my next door neighbour's landline? She is a 95 year old widow living alone and therefore vulnerable, but I can't find a BT phone no, and any...
25
25

Electronic ballast for UV steriliser
I've just replaced the pressure-side glass tube of the UV steriliser in a mate's spring-fed brewery. But, a brand new Phillips 30W T8 tube (36 inch / 900mm) is not striking so I suspect the (very old)...
2
2

Pipe gap needed for a full bore 22mm ball valve
It's leaky tap time again and I still have a stuck hot water gate valve in the airing cupboard. Does anyone know what gap is needed between the ends of the two existing bits of 22mm pipe ?. In other...
18
18

Hose Clips damaging hoses?
Hi, Does anyone know if this type of hose clip can eventually 'eat into' the hose it's holding in place? I've got a pressure leak on my turbo system and it looks like that's what may be causing it....
13
13

Fast reacting pipe-stat
I'm currently using a conventional pipe-stat so the water flowing from the boiler is above a certain temperature. Unfortunately the lag is probably measured in minutes, and so the boiler shuts off...
5
5

TOT: priority register on change of supplier
My supplier went into administration and I was transferred to British Gas. Soon after, I received a welcome pack for the priority services register from Scottish Power Energy Networks. I believe PSR...
30
30

Tumble driers
We're moving house soon, and will need a tumble dryer. This will be on an outside wall, but it's a fairly thick stone wall and there's no hole for a vent. We've only ever had a vented dryer and knwo...
35
35

Sourcing a PC fan ...
Our lads Acer laptop fan has started buzzing. It's caked in greased fluff and beyond cleaning. Trying to find a reliable source for all the part numbers scattered all over the fan, the PC and using...
9
9