Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Newspaper headline
When visiting a newsagent I happened to glance at the Daily Express (foolish I know). The headline was "How to beat the winter vomiting outbreak" and next to it was a picture of abu qatada.
4
4

merry christmas
merry christmas CHARITY DONATION TODAY If you want to help extreme poor,orphan children,and to help for other wel= fare programme, kindly donate amount to JESUS BLESS FOUNDATION. (India ) = =20 You...

OT road surfaces
Driving North on the M6 from Stoke there a quite a few "patches", it is very noticeable the difference in road noise when driving over the differing surfaces. Now logic tells me that noise must use...
21
21

Snow Foam
Getting away from the fact that they apparently can't spell their own name (its Maguire) Meguiar claim that their snow foam product lifts the dirt off the surface when applied to your car as a wash...
2
2

What is inhibitor?
Whats in heating ssystem inhibitor? Have had a search but can't see anything listed.
10
10

Warning: Corgi 2 port actuator
I need a replacement actuator head for a Honeywell 2 port zone valve so was interested to find a pattern replacement at Toolstation: Corgi brand name did put me off but I thought I'd try it. On...
14
14

A good tip for chilling drinks quickly
Works for cans and bottles, but would probably work for other stuff too Just wrap the can or bottle in *wet* tissue or bog roll, and put in fridge (or leave outside in this weather). 15-20 minutes...
29
29

Motherboard /processor upgrade ?
Dislike would be way too strong... "Leaning toward others in preference" might be closer (to be fair - the point I was making was that if you cut corners on motherboard quality you lower the overall...
85
85

combi boilers and powerflushing
right a bit of background first. 6 years ago I bought a house with a recently installed combi boiler from a tight-fisted landlord. Whilst under his ownership, he had the vented system boiler & HW...
7
7

Very helpful supplier
A few weeks/months ago someone fitted a couple of doors here (I have always been crap at that and time was pressing). Unfortunately they messed up on the handles. We had bought Urfic handles from...
11
11

OT: Watchman Oil Tank Alarm
We had one of these installed in February of last year, and recently it lost some of its transmitting power, so that I cannot now have the receiver sat next to me when I'm in bed, it loses radio...
9
9

Shower hose
I am having trouble locating a replacement shower hose for my bathtub. As per the pictures attached, it ends in an adaptor with a male 3/8" BSP with an O-ring on the side that screws into the tap. The...
2
2

OT: Printer aggro causing hair loss.
I bought a Kodak Hero 5.1 3-in-1 wifi, cloud printing enabled, printer scanning thingy the other day and am now going through a world of headache trying to set the damned thing up. First I installed...
12
12

Spares Availabilty
How long would you expect a company to hold spares for an electrical appliance? ISTR that there is a statutary requirement? We have a Dimplex oil filled radiator and the electronic timer module has...
60
60

Mobile Phone Signal Booster.
Do they do work? Any recommendations please. mark
11
11