Subject Author Posted Replies

Part P possible changes
"However, where any concerns do arise it is necessary to address them. That is why we listened to those that expressed concern with the costs associated with the electrical safety in the home...
24
24

Arise, Sir Muttonchops
68
68

B&Q heated towel rail
Fitted a chrome plated B&Q heated towel rail for a pal a few years back. Thought it rubbish compared to my stainless steel one which came from TLC - but it had already been bought, so just got on with...
3
3

small neat white inline junction box
I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey TWE co= ming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall cabinets, and th= e white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under...
5
5

Radiator removal tips
Tried to remove a radiator for flushing, but the nuts attaching it to the valves are encrusted in several layers of paint. Chipped some off but wouldn't budge (not without it breaking something). (And...
11
11

Very unhelpful supplier
I maintain my car myself but can't be arsed to do the oil change so I sub that out to those who can do it cheaper than I can get the bits. Setting old enmity aside I check out Kwikfit who say they...
37
37

OT: Newspaper headline
When visiting a newsagent I happened to glance at the Daily Express (foolish I know). The headline was "How to beat the winter vomiting outbreak" and next to it was a picture of abu qatada.
4
4

merry christmas
merry christmas CHARITY DONATION TODAY If you want to help extreme poor,orphan children,and to help for other wel= fare programme, kindly donate amount to JESUS BLESS FOUNDATION. (India ) = =20 You...

OT road surfaces
Driving North on the M6 from Stoke there a quite a few "patches", it is very noticeable the difference in road noise when driving over the differing surfaces. Now logic tells me that noise must use...
21
21

Snow Foam
Getting away from the fact that they apparently can't spell their own name (its Maguire) Meguiar claim that their snow foam product lifts the dirt off the surface when applied to your car as a wash...
2
2

What is inhibitor?
Whats in heating ssystem inhibitor? Have had a search but can't see anything listed.
10
10

Warning: Corgi 2 port actuator
I need a replacement actuator head for a Honeywell 2 port zone valve so was interested to find a pattern replacement at Toolstation: Corgi brand name did put me off but I thought I'd try it. On...
14
14

A good tip for chilling drinks quickly
Works for cans and bottles, but would probably work for other stuff too Just wrap the can or bottle in *wet* tissue or bog roll, and put in fridge (or leave outside in this weather). 15-20 minutes...
29
29

Motherboard /processor upgrade ?
Dislike would be way too strong... "Leaning toward others in preference" might be closer (to be fair - the point I was making was that if you cut corners on motherboard quality you lower the overall...
85
85

combi boilers and powerflushing
right a bit of background first. 6 years ago I bought a house with a recently installed combi boiler from a tight-fisted landlord. Whilst under his ownership, he had the vented system boiler & HW...
7
7