BrillPad tweets:

"On what is billed as hottest day of year wind currently providing a

0.4% of electricity. A mere 144 MW out of 32,800 MW being consumed."
Reply to
Tim Streater

Well hardly surprising given the current weather conditions. You need a pressure gradient to make wind, Its probably more like tornado weather actually. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well not surprising I agree, just useful to see that a commentator has picked up on it, and prolly looks at gridwatch to see the state of things from time to time.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Now take a similar weather setup in 6 months time, add 20 GW to that demand and take 20 C from the temperature. Wind only 0.27% ...

Also wind has been at that sort of pathetic level for the last week.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The small wind turbines around here (East coast) seem to be active most days.

Then again they are in range of the sea breezes.

There are a couple of mini turbines at a local nursery which seem to be blasting away constantly whatever the weather.

Then again there are two larger ones close by, one of which seems to be always spinning and the other seems to be almost constantly in wind shadow.

None are remotely near the size of the mega off-shore ones we can see on the horizon.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts