Snow Foam

Getting away from the fact that they apparently can't spell their own name (its Maguire) Meguiar claim that their snow foam product lifts the dirt off the surface when applied to your car as a wash aid.

Can this be true? Actually lifts the dirt into suspension with the aid of nothing else ?

Having nothing better to do I searched for Car Cleaning on Youtube. Oh dear. Why must our colonial cousins take everything to excess?

Two buckets. two sponges, sheep's fleece, grit guard etc.etc all before you add the magic ingredient, shampoo.

One guy claimed paint was just like skin, it had pores and breathed. Whaaat ?

And none of them appeared to use you standard Karcher type power washer. Why ?

SWMBO does a fine job on my car. After all cleaning is a woman's job isn't it ?

Reply to
fred

All sounds like snake oil to me.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can be done with the right detergent. Most commercial HPC's have an 'optional extra' foam attachment which chucks out very sticky foam which clings to the surface increasing dwell time. Compressed air version also exist.

Used quite a lot in the food processing industry.

do need the right detergent. Doubt if anything available to the public would work very well.

Don't think it breathes, but even very shiny paint has tiny surface imperfections which can give dirt somewhere to hide.

Our colonial cousins have a Micky Mouse electrical system which makes it impossible to run a decent size HPC. Most are gasoline engine driven.

No comment! :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman