What is inhibitor?

Whats in heating ssystem inhibitor?
Have had a search but can't see anything listed.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Corrosion_Inhibitor
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Thanks!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

On 19/12/2012 11:28, mogga wrote:

Some info. here:
http://hazard.com/msds/f2/bnd/bndlc.html
--
Rod

Not too sure that's what the OP was looking for, but I love the way that COSHH document gives a UK address followed by a (presumably) USA telephone number with no IDD code.
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Graham. wrote:

Some hints here:-
http://www.innovadex.com/Cleaners/Products/2237/2581/Corrosion-Inhibitors

That would be because the URL given is on a USA specific website. The phone number is probably the one for the importer.
The UK version for an equivalent product is here:-
http://www.scalemaster.co.uk/pdfs/SM1.pdf
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:01:33 +0000

Or not: http://anywhoyp.yellowpages.com/reversephonelookup?from=anywho_cobrand&fap_terms [phone]!56573151
--
Davey.

If it looks crummy and smells awful its probably not drinkable if you were thinking along those lines.. sorry just wondered why you were interested.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"mogga" < snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMPLEASEmogga.com> wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:41:51 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

I just wondered what chemical it was. We were discussing the other thread about the heat exchanger and the doodah whatsits that you can add to help filter crap out of the system. Which got me thinking about what inhibitor was.
I make my own wine so no need to look for alternatives to drink! :) (The mint wine was delicious!)
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Have a Google at Fernox. (Trade name for an inhibitor.) Prevents or slows corrosion and galvanic action.
On 19/12/2012 11:28, mogga wrote:

The COSHH data sheet for Sentinel X100 says:
Chemical description Neutral solution of inorganic and organic scale and corrosion inhibitors
Hazardous component(s) EINECS/ELINCS # Conc. CAS # R52/53 Diammonium dimolybdate 248-517-2 < 25 % 27546-07-2 Xn, R20/22-36-52/53 Benzotriazole 202-394-1 < 25 %
--
Cheers,

John.