Subject Author Posted Replies

Latest Firefox borked? - X-Post
I have had problems with on line banking recently - a specific bank login process. I notified the help desk and they suggested using Chrome. I had already used Chrome with success but this made me...
24
24

Best way to test a motorised valve?
Being a mean old sod, this is the time of year when I turn the central heating off at the timer; and just leave the hot water switched on. However, the radiators are still getting hot. I'm assuming...
15
15

Letter box problem
Even a single day's post delivery is often enough to make getting into our front door a stressful challenge. The material easily gets jammed, presumably because there is such a small gap below the...
36
36

Wiki: Appliance parts
for review... NT Ways to get parts: ==Original== Original manufacturer (OEM) parts are usually of consistent quality, but often steeply priced. Often these are required to maintain a warranty....
5
5

wiki: Paddle mixer
Another article for comment. I don't know when I'll get round to rewriting, it may be slow NT '''Paddle mixers''' are used for [[plaster]], [[paint]], [[resin]]s, [[lime ]] mortar, [[papercrete]] and...
8
8

patio gravel/slope
Right, I've had three pallets of patio blocks sitting around since last year, and I really must get around to doing something with them... I'm assuming a layer of sand (about an inch) immediately...
7
7

sinking back boxes into walls - gone too deep
I'm trying to fit 4 25mm back boxes into walls. I've pepper potted the area with the drill then used a cold chisel to clear out the plaster and brick. However, the result is not smooth. There's a...
23
23

Drawer Runners
Hi, can anyone tell me if where I can get these plastic drawer runner inserts from? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
5
5

Laying concrete driveway ...
trying to evaluate all options for replacing the 2mm thick asphalt that calls itself a driveway in front of the garage (I suspect it was laid a few weeks before we viewed the property - it's lasted...
21
21

I blamed the effing goats...
... well, to an extent, I was right but that wasn't the whole picture. http://www.wimp.com/greendeserts/
19
19

Skylight - Scotland
Hi A. Does anyone know if a skylight such as the one linked below requires planning permission in Scotland? B. This unit is actually a little wider than I would ideally like (it's for a small box room...
5
5

Ready mix concrete: local mix?
Someone posted the name of a franchise recently which does the mixing on the spot. Can I find the thread? My neighbour has just told me he needs 1.5 cubic metres and I wondered if this method might be...
7
7

Thickening a liquid
I wish to thicken Roundup so I may apply it (by paintbrush) to the leaves of scutch grass which is growing up through everything in the borders. If I apply the bare liquid I run the risk of it running...
50
50

Sealing underground ducting at DPM
I'm having a concrete base laid for a garden studio. It will have a DPM. Services (water, electrics, LAN etc.) will be provided via 100mm ducting. The ducting will come up through the DPM and...
5
5

Blue ESR meter
Well, following the discussion a while ago, I ordered the kit. Built it today. Very nice...it worked first go, despite me lifting a track at one point and having to repair it. Board is quite good...
12
12