Ready mix concrete: local mix?

Someone posted the name of a franchise recently which does the mixing on the spot. Can I find the thread?
My neighbour has just told me he needs 1.5 cubic metres and I wondered if this method might be appropriate
TIA
On 13/05/2013 12:12, newshound wrote:

Can you?
Mixamate?

On 13/05/2013 12:52, GB wrote:

Excellent, thanks
On 13/05/2013 13:34, newshound wrote:

But not available in Gloucestershire. Oh well.
newshound wrote:

There are other suppliers look for on-site mixer concrete suppliers

Annoying when that happens, isn't it :-)
It was in the "Cost of skip hire" thread and the company mentioned was Mixamate (no personal experience of same).

Yes, that's an ideal size.
I have used a service (sorry no name) that used a sealed auger type mixer which arguably gives a more consistent mix that can be controlled in strength and metered down to a bucket, huge automated truck prob close to the 32T limit. Others have reported variability in the quality of open manual mixers so take care. I don't know which the Mixamate franchise uses.
It was 90quid a cube when I used it, many moons ago so expect it to be more than that, but I'd still expect it to be under 200quid for that quantity.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
On 13/05/2013 12:58, fred wrote:

Thanks for the warning. It's a ramp into a garage, the neighbour knows what he is doing and has done a decent prep with plenty of hardcore, so the mix quality is probably not *too* important. (It's replacing an inch of hand-mix on top of earth!).
On 13/05/2013 13:38, newshound wrote:

You can get some of the mix on site ones to barrow and lay as well if required (although with a drive there is a fair chance they can drop it directly where you need it anyway).
--
Cheers,

John.