Skylight - Scotland

Hi

A. Does anyone know if a skylight such as the one linked below requires planning permission in Scotland?

B. This unit is actually a little wider than I would ideally like (it's for a small box room and will require cutting into old joists), but I've seen nothing slimmer. Google hasn't thrown anything hopeful up ...

Does anyone know of a reasonable supplier/manufacturer who'll take on a small one-off order for a narrower window?

TIA

Reply to
Flynno

It will need building control approval wherever it is in Scotland and might in addition require planning approval in a conservation area or listed building.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

----------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for that, Geoff

Any more help on this?

TIA

Reply to
Flynno

Ask the local planning department, re requirements.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

It will require Planning Permission on the grounds that, just like a window, it could look onto and into someone else's property - or to rephrase that, some occupier could climb onto a chair and do so.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

You mean just like windows and skylights often don't require planning?

Ben Blaukopf