Latest Firefox borked? - X-Post

I have had problems with on line banking recently - a specific bank login process.

I notified the help desk and they suggested using Chrome. I had already used Chrome with success but this made me wonder if Firefox had some problems which were more far reaching than a single website.

I had problems with another site - paying invoices not working as expected

- and I am now wondering if it is their web site or another Firefox issue.

So has anyone else been having Firefox problems?

I am running 20.0.1 under 32 bit Vista.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I have certainly noticed an entirely different issue with latest Firefox

20.0.1 on 64-bit Windows 7.

If you have more tabs open than can fit on the "tab bar", it keeps resetting the bar to the extreme left, and failing to scroll to the right reliably.

I mention this simply because in the past there have been "bad" releases and they have often had several seemingly unconnected things not working properly.

Reply to
polygonum

Not here.

Every Firefox release is bad in some way, why else do they need to release so frequently? It does seem to have settled down a bit recently.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

At the moment they are busy implementing advanced tabbing and HTML5, which may just do away with the need to have that awful FLASH on the browser

That's independent of but parallel to fixing potential bugs that might impact security and/or stability.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

None here on v20.0.1 under Windows 7 64 bit.

However, on double checking which version I was on I downloaded v21.0.

Worth a try?

Nothing like that here, though I have Tab Mix Plus installed.

Firefox v21.0 has just put in an appearance. See if that fixes your problem?

It's hardly related to your issue, but in the past couple of days I've had a small but curious problem: when online, the right-click Paste option is greyed out even though I've just copied something to the clipboard. Pasting with Control+V still works, fortunately.

Offline - say in Word or WordPerfect - right-click pasting is fine. I posted about this on the Firefox support forum but have had no replies as yet.

I'm using FF 20.0.1 ("EU euballot - 1.1") with automatic upgrading enabled, and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a desktop PC with a Pentium dual-core CPU E5300 @ 2.60/2.60 GHz and 4GB RAM.

As I understand it, Firefox always used to be regarded as the clear and preferable alternative to IE: is that no longer the case?

Reply to
Bert Coules

I'm running Pale Moon 20.0.1 with Custom Tab Width and other extensions that make it more like Opera. The tabs are set to be the same for max. and min. but seem sometimes to get narrower as the bar gets full and sometimes to go off to the right. I'd like to have the tabs wrap in to multiple rows but haven't manage to find out how to do that.

Reply to
PeterC

See if 21.0 fixes it, should be out in a few hours ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

David.WE.Roberts :

I second their suggestion of using Chrome. I use Firefox for everyday browsing and Chrome (in stealth mode) just for important things such as online banking. More secure that way.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

It was out earlier this afternoon. See posts above.

Sure it is. Only Google gets to know all your finacial affairs.

Reply to
Eric

out now last time i looked - for windows anyway

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is there any evidence that Chrome sends anything back other than that which goes with using Google services?

Reply to
Andrew May

The paranoid would ask "Any evidence that it doesn't?"

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Hmm.. I clicked on their sign up page out of curiosity... Why do they want my name, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail addy etc.?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb :

Is there any serious suggestion that it sends anything back (covertly) at all?

Because it's valuable information and it costs them nothing to ask. Many people give out that sort of information without a second thought.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

of course. TONS. how covert you think it is, is of course a moot point.

More fool them then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

David,

Each browser has it's own quirks and programming uniqueness. They are all trying to control and run internet standards. That combined with new browsers which are aimed at the new smart phone market.

It is very hard for browsers and website to keep up.

That said a simple authentication site, despite the complex security should have a simple front end which is easy to log into and should work in all browsers.

I have been assured the RBS site and all it's other sites (Natwest, Ulster etc) if your problem are with one of these sites please post back and I can talk to my contacts:-)

David.WE.Roberts;3061936 Wrote:

Reply to
hewhowalksamongus

The last couple of FF releases have been annoying to me for leaping back to the previously-focused window instead of the one I'm using. This happens just after opening a new window.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon