Latest Firefox borked? - X-Post

I have had problems with on line banking recently - a specific bank login process.
I notified the help desk and they suggested using Chrome. I had already used Chrome with success but this made me wonder if Firefox had some problems which were more far reaching than a single website.
I had problems with another site - paying invoices not working as expected - and I am now wondering if it is their web site or another Firefox issue.
So has anyone else been having Firefox problems?
I am running 20.0.1 under 32 bit Vista.
Cheers
Dave R
On 14/05/2013 13:43, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I have certainly noticed an entirely different issue with latest Firefox 20.0.1 on 64-bit Windows 7.
If you have more tabs open than can fit on the "tab bar", it keeps resetting the bar to the extreme left, and failing to scroll to the right reliably.
I mention this simply because in the past there have been "bad" releases and they have often had several seemingly unconnected things not working properly.
--
Rod

Not here.

Every Firefox release is bad in some way, why else do they need to release so frequently? It does seem to have settled down a bit recently.
MBQ
On 14/05/13 13:57, Man at B&Q wrote:

At the moment they are busy implementing advanced tabbing and HTML5, which may just do away with the need to have that awful FLASH on the browser
That's independent of but parallel to fixing potential bugs that might impact security and/or stability.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead
En el artículo < snipped-for-privacy@gb2g2000vbb.googleg

nor here (FF 20.0.1 on XP 32-bit)
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
On 21/05/2013 23:39, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Seems better now on 21 on 64-bit W7. :-)
--
Rod

On 14/05/2013 13:49 polygonum wrote:

Nothing like that here, though I have Tab Mix Plus installed.
Firefox v21.0 has just put in an appearance. See if that fixes your problem?

On Tue, 14 May 2013 14:40:44 +0100, F wrote:

I'm running Pale Moon 20.0.1 with Custom Tab Width and other extensions that make it more like Opera. The tabs are set to be the same for max. and min. but seem sometimes to get narrower as the bar gets full and sometimes to go off to the right. I'd like to have the tabs wrap in to multiple rows but haven't manage to find out how to do that.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 14/05/2013 13:43 David.WE.Roberts wrote:

None here on v20.0.1 under Windows 7 64 bit.
However, on double checking which version I was on I downloaded v21.0.
Worth a try?

It's hardly related to your issue, but in the past couple of days I've had a small but curious problem: when online, the right-click Paste option is greyed out even though I've just copied something to the clipboard. Pasting with Control+V still works, fortunately.
Offline - say in Word or WordPerfect - right-click pasting is fine. I posted about this on the Firefox support forum but have had no replies as yet.
I'm using FF 20.0.1 ("EU euballot - 1.1") with automatic upgrading enabled, and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a desktop PC with a Pentium dual-core CPU E5300 @ 2.60/2.60 GHz and 4GB RAM.
As I understand it, Firefox always used to be regarded as the clear and preferable alternative to IE: is that no longer the case?
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

See if 21.0 fixes it, should be out in a few hours ...
On 14/05/2013 19:32 Andy Burns wrote:

It was out earlier this afternoon. See posts above.

On 14/05/13 19:32, Andy Burns wrote:

out now last time i looked - for windows anyway
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead

I second their suggestion of using Chrome. I use Firefox for everyday browsing and Chrome (in stealth mode) just for important things such as online banking. More secure that way.
--
Mike Barnes

Mike Barnes wrote ...

Sure it is. Only Google gets to know all your finacial affairs.
On 14/05/2013 20:34, Eric wrote:

Is there any evidence that Chrome sends anything back other than that which goes with using Google services?
On Wed, 15 May 2013 09:23:44 +0100, Andrew May wrote:

The paranoid would ask "Any evidence that it doesn't?"
Cheers
Dave R

Hmm.. I clicked on their sign up page out of curiosity... Why do they want my name, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail addy etc.?
--
Tim Lamb

Is there any serious suggestion that it sends anything back (covertly) at all?

Because it's valuable information and it costs them nothing to ask. Many people give out that sort of information without a second thought.
--
Mike Barnes

On 15/05/13 12:02, Mike Barnes wrote:

of course. TONS. how covert you think it is, is of course a moot point.

More fool them then.