Subject Author Posted Replies

CCTV system equipment...
Anyone had any experience and or know of a supplier who has a simple CCTV system, thats to say a few indoor cameras with a half decent performance that can be recorded on site and viewed if and when...
11
11

Light Fitting Recommendation
Hi all I'm looking for a light fitting to illuminate a pathway alongside a single storey kitchen extension. Preferably a single fitting mounted high enough up the gable end to shed light either side...
12
12

Filling awkward gaps
Hi all, I've got a couple of tricky gaps to fill and am all out of ideas as to how to proceed. Any suggestions gratefully received... Gap no.1 is under the skirting board at the end of a passageway...
11
11

Duvet TOG value
Is there actually any consistency about how warm a given TOG value keeps you? The first (and only) duvet I ever bought was from Tesco and I just picked the highest TOG one because the price was the...
5
5

Changing cookers - different to other post
Similar to a recent poster, we're doing up our kitchen and changing a standalone gas cooker for an electric oven and gas hob. We have a double socket on the ring main that has a spur down to a single...
2
2

Another year
Bloody hell - this year turned out to be insane! In laws came to visit. BiL did help massively with clearing the garden. Had conservatory built (needs tiling and some trim work and electrics). This...
25
25

Yellowing white gloss payout
See or shorter Anyone else want to get a claim in ? John Margerison, 72, applied Dulux brilliant white gloss throughout his Leeds home to eight doors and frames, skirting boards and stair areas. John...
2
2

Amtico and white spirit
Anyone know whether white spirit will get paint off Amtico without attacking the stuff itself? Or possibly that blue liquid they sell in Homebase for cleaning brushes? The paint in question is Dulux...
5
5

You know you are getting old when..
Digital timer EF700ET setting proves to be beyond the capability of your brain:-( We have one controlling a heat recovery system in a rented out flat. The tenants complained of mould on the walls so I...
8
8

Queries
Do other people detest sites like and Ask Jeeves ? There's nothing more infuriating to me than entering a question in the likes of Google and getting responses from sites like and Ask Jeeves. Instead...
20
20

Coloured Silicone Sealant
I need some coloured silicone to stick and seal some oak block appearance worktop upstand to the worktop. I have yet to see any in the shops so I think I need to mail order some. However, I am not...
5
5

Curing fire cement - temperature ?
I've having to re-build the baffle plate for my oil central heating boiler. The original plate was, I'm told, a fibre glass material and has broken u p. I've been given a sheet of one inch thick...
4
4

High Grab Adhesives
What is considered to be the best gunnable adhesive ? Gripfill, Sticks like Sh**, Unibond MegaGrip, ? Previously I had decided on Pink Grip ?.. seemed pretty good, but more Indoor .. Wood to drywall,...
3
3

OT: sharing photos online solutions
I'm looking for something I can set up where myself and one or more other people can select photos on our devices and share them with the others, with all the devices (Windows & Android) having the...
8
8

Good service
Just thought I'd share a recent experience with a company (slidingrobesdirect) who provide sliding doors and accessories. The guides and rollers on a "Stanley" sliding door in our house had broken and...
5
5