Good service

Just thought I'd share a recent experience with a company (slidingrobesdirect) who provide sliding doors and accessories.

The guides and rollers on a "Stanley" sliding door in our house had broken and I was looking for spares. I couldn't find any the same as the top guides on my door but there was a contact telephone number on the site so I rang them (on a Saturday afternoon).

I explained my problem and the chap on the phone said "Why not email us a photograph?". How many times have I wished for a company that adopts such a common sense approach!

Anyhow, later that evening I received a reply confirming what I suspected (that the guide I had was obsolete) and that an improved design guide in the site would fit in its place.

These duely arrived on Tuesday morning (which is probably about as early as they could have come given that they wouldn't have entered the postal system until Monday morning).

Not a company that I suppose I'll be using that often but nice to know that there are companies out there employing helpful folk providing good service.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

"Tim+" wrote in news:528374de$0$1164$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

It infuriates me that my car insurance company does not use e-mail and cannot accept e-mailed photos when making a claim.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Showerdoc did exactly that for me, a few years ago. Excellent service.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Mines does but doesn't understand it. Just sent me one telling me a policy had expired, no reference to which policy or which car(s)...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How about companies that insist on using faxes ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Change your company? Plenty looking for business.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)