Changing cookers - different to other post

Similar to a recent poster, we're doing up our kitchen and changing a standalone gas cooker for an electric oven and gas hob. We have a double socket on the ring main that has a spur down to a single socket about 2ft below, which has been used for the electric ignition of the gas cooker. We now need to change that for a double socket to feed both the electric oven and the electric ignition for the gas hob.

Will it be alright to just change that single socket for a double and leave it as a spur (it's 2.5mm T&E, buried in the plaster) or should I make it part of the ring? As with the other poster, our new oven is rated at 13A and the gas hob ignition 3A.

TIA

Reply to
Andy Newsham

A double socket is fine on an unfused spur. The socket itself has a nominal rating of at least 20A, and the 2.5mm^2 buried in plaster is good for 27A. For applications like this (potentially quite long term loads at highish currents) use a good quality socket.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks very much John.

Reply to