new oven question

Hi, hope someone can help with this.

I am about to purchase a new oven. I have decided to get one of these double oven jobbies to replace my single oven.

The single used to plug into the 13A cooker socket, with the hob being hard wired into the socket.. I have been told the double oven has to be hard wired (not on 13A plug).

My question is this:

Can I just hard wire this into the cooker socket along with the hob or will it require a separate feed.

TIA, Dave.

Reply to
dave smith

It depends on:

  1. The loading of the hob and oven, once diversity (the fact that you will not have everything switched on simultaneously) is applied. You would be well advised to change the cooker unit for one without a socket, as 5A has to be allowed for that.
  2. The rating of the existing circuit MCB and cable
  3. Whether the cooker control unit is within 2m of both hob and oven

Owain

Reply to
Owain