Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Haribo
I was sent this link:- Read the reviews pages 1 & 2. Amazon.com : Albanese Confecetionery Sugar Free Assorted Fruit Gummi Bears, 5 Pound Bag : Gummy Candy : Grocery & Gourmet Food Amazon.com :...
1
1

UPVC skirting
Hi all, Is there such a thing as upvc skirting boards and if so, who sells them? I'd like to go over to zero maintenance solutions to interior embellishments if at all possible and have always found...
6
6

OT More amazing pix.
2013 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest - The Atlantic
5
5

Servowarm Elite 50 boiler - lost water pressure
My daughter has just moved into a house with an old Servowarm Elite 50 boil er. Ater attempting to bleed a radiator which was almost empty we seem to h ave lost all water pressure in the central...
6
6

IP Camera recommendations?
I need to get another camera to monitor the other side of the front of the house. The camera probably has to be on the first floor, and looking out of a window (it's hard to attach one in the right...
41
41

Forwarding bank cards in the post.
I recently forwarded a couple of bank cards in the post. Neither card has arrived. It is fairly obvious what is the these envelopes so I did wonder if the banks/royal mail have a policy of not...
21
21

How long to leave new concrete before self levelling?
We have a sloping uneven floor, I've levelled it up as best poss with concrete but would like to finish it off with self levelling compound. I've had a read on concrete drying times and unsure how...
4
4

Ring main behind insulation
Hi Folks and belated new year greetings to all. Must be some time since I looked in as there were 18871 headers to download. ;-( I was under the impression that if wiring is covered by insulation,...
11
11

cistern washer don't last 6 months
Our wc cistern washer only lasts ~6 months between me having to replace the washer and/or bend the ball valve arm (again). The water pressure is high in this area and seems to defeat whatever valve I...
13
13

Dumpness and mould
Found in DT comments: "One more thing I have to post here: Good isulation gets you into another serious problem: If a house is naturally dump (dumpness coming from the ground up) a good isulation will...
12
12

warmflow oil boiler kabin pack
Hi, i have no idea if i am posting this in the right area, ive just joined the site. I bought a warmflow kabin pack outside oil boiler not sure of model no off hand, about 3 years ago. it has been...
4
4

Best glue for edging
I have a computer 'desk' with simulated wood ie plastic edging which keeps coming away when I catch it with my feet/hands/clothing. I glue it back from time to time with yoohoo and other glues which...
11
11

Hall/landing lights issue
I was in a house yesterday with a really weird (faulty!) arrangement for the hall/landing lights. With the landing switch in one position, the hall switch operates both lights correctly, turning them...
1
1

Network linked mains timer switch (lighting control)
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a network (IP) controlled timer switch for village hall car park lighting to replace a mechanical timeswitch. There's a lot of generic, domestic-grade or network server...
9
9

Hot Water leak
My hot water system is leaking badly somewhere, but I cannot detect it ! The water is being lost but I can find no sign of where it is going. Any ideas on how to track the leak down ?
12
12