Dumpness and mould

Found in DT comments:

"One more thing I have to post here: Good isulation gets you into another serious problem: If a house is naturally dump (dumpness coming from the ground up) a good isulation will definetely cause you enourmous MOULD FORMATION. To such an extend, that you will have to air and ventilate the rooms in cold winter (or use a de-humidifier) - or it will ruin your health!!!"

Looks like someone has let harry out again..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The article is worth reading if only for the following helpful sentence

"If you do not have cavity walls, it is likely you have solid walls instead."

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Or you're living in a cardboard box.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On first reading this appears as if it may have been written by you. On second reading, even more so. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reply to
Nick

Or a yurt. Although I think yurts do sometimes have cavity walls.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Cardboard box? Luxury!

# Do I want a yurt, oh how I do... ...nurt #

Reply to
Graham.

Hint: the telegraph allows you to re-edit your own posts to correct errors indefinitely.

Usenet does not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Looks like my typing on a bad day. Maybe it was dictated to an I phone?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My very old house certainly does not have cavity walls, but I wouldn't call them solid, either. More 'odd random timbers, with occasional lath or loose brick infill'. On second thoughts, they might be 'cavity', but not the kind usually meant by the term.

Reply to
Davey

I built a deck for a bloke once - just so he could put a Yurt on it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In article , Davey writes

Gapity wall :-?

Reply to
fred

Maybe...

Reply to
Davey

I think the technical term is Shit and Stick. Or it might be Wattle and Daub.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris