kids in the garden

Here's one for all you gardeners:

A lighter story with no chemicals involved!!

Had the kids out in the garden with me this morning. As we were re-planting, watering, and trying to salvage what damage had been done by the goats, I was explaining to my 2yr old how the garden would grow all his favorite things to eat. He loves salad, cukes, tomatos, peppers (of any flavor!), watermelons, and most of things kids these days hate to eat. I guess I used the wrong words saying that it would grow ALL his favorite things, and he quickly picked up on that. I should have said all his favorite veggies & some of his fav fruits. Next thing I know he was asking me if he could grow some fried chicken, french fries, pretzels, chips, pickles, and pizza too. I explained that I would make pickles from the cukes, and french fries & chips could be made from the potatos. Then told him about the fried chicken and the chickens in the yard. But could not make him understand about the pizza. Told him that mommy would use the tomatos to make the pizza sauce, but that the pepperoni, crust & cheese just couldn't be grown in the garden. He's still determined that he's gonna grow a pizza...............oh well, there is only so much you can explain to a 2yr old I guess. At least nothing else was said about the pretzels.

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

[...]

The Cook

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Sorry - I didn't know you couldn't use HTML - I connect to the newsgroups thru intrstar.net, i didn't know about the "usenet rules" so to speak.

Please don't post in HTML, Usenet is text only. original post:

[...]

"?"

Bill Rose

"?" Two pointless posts (not yours Rachael). Am I missing something or are you?

Bill Rose

"?" Make that 5 pointless posts.

Bill Rose

ok, i was starting to think i was the one missing something here.......how did my innocent post become this. not sure what's going on here. did i unknowingly do something wrong? lost on this now but not blonde.............lol

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Both look good to me. No sign of HTML coding in either. Make that 6 unneccessary posts.

- Bill

"sex" with your tomatoes?

Reply to
Bill Rose

ok - thanks bill, i will quit posting to this now. sorry for the disturbance & aggravation! Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

No disturbance or aggravation. I was just scrathin' my head trying to figure out what I was missing. Sometimes the jokes are small, so I was looking as hard as I could and thought to myself, no joke can be this small. Glad to know it was just a tempest in a tea cup.

Bill Rose

Hey Rachael,

Ya' gotta give Bill a little thought. He's kinda...old. Some of his musings and comments are a little obtuse and/or cryptic.

All in all, he's a goodun.

Just be Careful and Don't Use Chemical Poison in the Garden, or people start banging on ya. ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

oh no - i didn't mean anything bad about bill at all - he helped me out here - i was worrying about the possiblity of me doing something wrong in the newsgroup - he confirmed that he couldn't see anything wrong either. i meant everything honestly in good fun and somewhat confusion. and if anyone thinks that i am going to knowingly use something that can/will harm my kids, you can think again! LOL mama bear here.......

much love and respect to those with more knowledge & wisdom than I rachael

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Uhhh.........yeah on the confusion issue...!??!??

As far as your children...

In the words of another......YOU GO SISTA!, er MAMA BEAR

Amen and agreements to that, Rachael Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Luckly he didn't want to plant his dinky cars to grow them into bigboy cars

Reply to
Lynn

ok - did i just create more confusion.........(blush - becoming embarrassed)

just meant that i didn't know what the cook & the general meant - and then bill's "?" post. i didn't realize that you were only suppose to post in TEXT and HTML. my email account automatically does everything in HTML and i connect to the NGs thru my email & outlook express - i don't have to go the webpages thru google/usenet, etc. so i didn't realize that this was creating a problem to some. Bill clarified to me that it wasn't the "big" problem i was believing it to be. So I was glad to know that I wasn't the only one "missing" it. I honestly thought something was wrong with my post. maybe i didn't confuse you more there......lol

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Heh heh.......relax Rachael, you didn't cause any more confustication.

Communication on the USENET can be tricky. Humor, sarcasm and other things often don't "translate" well. Ideas and innuendo can be tough. Sometimes we are too brief. Sometimes we are too cute by half.

Sometimes folks don't follow the old usenet "protocols" and standards.

Oftimes people call them on it harshly. Some groups will *really* give ya what-for.

Don't sweat it, you are doing fine. Stick around and continue to post and when someone pokes you with a stick or says summat you don't understand, ask for clarification..... or poke 'em back a bit and see what happens. ;-)

To some it may seem to be a bit rough one in a while in the garden groups, but in reality, it is quite gentle and peaceful.... just the occasional outburst....or off-topic post that riles up a few.

Enjoy life, enjoy the garden, enjoy your family Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

One better. Please don't post in text. The general can't read it. Dave

Reply to
Dave

I see your point. But, has nothing to do with the original post in any manner. Dave

Reply to
Dave

[...]

Gracious. At least you did not volunteer the young person where baby goats come from.

Dave

Reply to
Dave