warmflow oil boiler kabin pack

Hi,

i have no idea if i am posting this in the right area, ive just joined the site.

I bought a warmflow kabin pack outside oil boiler not sure of model no off hand, about 3 years ago. it has been nothing but trouble ever since.

If the weather is too warm it over heats! and the fire valve goes or loses pressure. when the weather is too cold it seems to lose pressure.

Anyway, about 2 days ago, the boiler wasnt giving hot water or heating, so the first thing i checked was the pressure, it was at 1, and from past experience the burner doesnt kick in unless its at 1.5 as a min, so i filled it up when it got to 1.5. nothing, 1.75, nothing, 2, still nothing, so i stopped.

i noticed that every light was on the panel box except the temperature one, so i presume it didnt over heat.

so my next step was to check the fire valve, it is up, so oil should be getting to the burner.

Next step, i looked at the burner, theres a button on it that usually lights up if it fails to kick in, this isnt lit. the warmflow site says this light only comes on if oil isnt getting to the burner.

my guess would be that the burner has gone?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

im still under guarantee, but the problem is i know warmflow say if you ask them to go and look at it, if it doenst turn out to be a manufacturing problem them they charge you for the call out which they cant give you a figure for before hand, but they guess it would be

80-100, i know this as when i first had the boiler installed it broke after one day and i had to call them out as my boiler man couldnt figure out what the problem was and above is what they said to me.

if the burner has gone is that covered int he guarantee?, should i call my normal boiler man out to see first, who i believe only charges 33 for an hour. The funny thing is he is the same boiler man warmflow use! as when he was called out by them when the boiler broke after installation , i took his number and use him ever since.

Any advice?

thanks

Reply to
warmflowproblems

Well if you have checked out all the user reachable parts as per instructionbook then it's a guarantee job. It might be the photocell dirty, can't see the flame. Or the spark ignitor needs cleaning. Or air pressure switch.

Reply to
harryagain

This is not actually a site its a Usenet Newsgroup, just in case you were confused.. Personally, I think I'd ask the local man, but if you are in trouble call them out. Does not sound a hyper reliable system to me. I'm sure as it is the same bloke for both, there will benone of that oh dear you had a non company man look and fiddle with this problems. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If the boiler has not locked out and it does not attempt to start when there is an obvious demand for heat then it is possibly not getting any power.

You might want to check for stuck motorised valves.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Hi, thanks everyone for your help and replies

the boiler man has been out today and he said it was the pressure switch, he said there had been a slow leak and there was two valves bunged up with sludge and everytime i had been filling the pressure up, it had just been doing something to the pressure gauge and not filling the pressure up, hes done something not quite sure what and got it working, but said he still needs to come back and fit the pressure switch and cover?

Reply to
warmflowproblems