Subject Author Posted Replies

Bad toilet flush
I sought help with this problem before on here but found no solution. Until now. Briefly a toilet that had once flushed satisfactorily got to the stage wher e it took a lot of effort to get it flush...
1
1

Washing machine woes (3)
While the repair bloke was here, we also mentioned that from time to time the machine stops with a "low water pressure" bleat. It restarts on pressing start but that's a nuisance if one has set the...

Washing machine woes (2)
I also noticed that the rubber jobbie that seals the drum to the front of the machine has black patches and niffs somewhat, as in mouldy. My attempts to remove that blackening with old Dettol appear...
16
16

Washing machine woes (1)
The door interlock didn't work any longer so we bought a new part and found a youchoob video that looked similar. Of course, when I got down to it I found I couldn't see what I was doing and the part,...
11
11

Aldi "Leifeit" Window Cleaning tool
I recently bought a telescopic window cleaner from Aldi - It has a sort of microfibre pad on one side and a squeegie blade on the other. I tried it today on a couple of difficult to reach upstairs...

Tube on exhaust of teenager's car
I was behind a typical teenager's Peugot yesterday - It had all the trappings - lowered seats (why do they like to sit forward and not get the support of the backrest?) What caught my eye was a rubber...
31
31

More on VW Cheatware
"Volkswagen was reportedly warned about rigging emissions tests on its vehicles years ago, not only by one of its suppliers but also the German car giant's own engineers. According to the Frankfurter...
48
48

3D Printing, with Carbon Fibre!
I stumbled across this (no affiliation etc.) the other day: A couple of years ago I experimented with 3d printing and concluded it was (at least) a couple of years away from being useful and/or...
20
20

What is it?
Hi All It's been a long while since I visited uk.d-i-y but I have a question. Not that I understand what Facebook is, but the following pictures have been posted there too (not by me) to see if the...
24
24

Re: Hammy Wars ...
And there was me thinking this was another Cameron thread... http://www.chud.com/articles/content_images/117/DRNOBLURAY5.jpg
3
3

Plastic channel
Can anyone suggest a source for plastic channel, along the lines of square-edged guttering but somewhat larger? Say six to eight inches in width and around four or five deep? I want to run a straight...
13
13

Maps.me weird happening
I was sitting in a quiet and rather posh cafeteria when my phone dinged 23 times. It had received (or generated?) 23 'notifications' from They appeared to be all the same message but in different...
16
16

Poured concrete slab or paving slabs for oil tank?
Paving slabs might rock, no? I reckon an unbroken concrete base (shuttering, cement mixer etc) would be a lot better. How thick? 100mm enough? The back of the garden is mostly in shade at ground...
11
11

LED lighting for a light well
We have various light wells in this house, two of which are over landings, and each contains a 40w fluorescent tube, one of which is always on all night. In summer, that is perhaps eight hours, but...
17
17

Share advice
A relative has recently died, and I'm the executor. The relative had a few shares in Lloyds Banking Group, as a result of having an account with the Halifax in the days when it was a Building Society...
13
13