Washing machine woes (3)

While the repair bloke was here, we also mentioned that from time to time the machine stops with a "low water pressure" bleat. It restarts on pressing start but that's a nuisance if one has set the machine to run overnight.

We'd checked the hose filter at the washing machine inlet end and removed a small amount of grot, so in the end I put it down to occasional low mains pressure combined with running the outside tap from time to time.

Chappie checked the inlet hose filter at the other end of the inlet hose and found a certain amount of resin beads from the water softener, maybe half a teaspoon from 3 years use of the softener. Is that likely to be an actual problem with the softener, or just due to a small amount of resin bead leakage during the regeneration process? (I assume there are valves that switch back and forth at the star and end of that process.)

Reply to
Tim Streater