Plastic channel

Can anyone suggest a source for plastic channel, along the lines of square-edged guttering but somewhat larger? Say six to eight inches in width and around four or five deep? I want to run a straight watercourse through a large raised bed in the garden and if something like this is available it struck me that it would be easier to use than flexible pond liner. Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Not cheap, but...

x-150mm-3m.html

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bob, thanks for your speedy response. I hadn't thought of cable trunking: it's given me a new line to search for.

You're right about the price of that Pro-Power version from CPC, though it is for a 3 metre length and I would only need the one. Free delivery, too.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I wondered about cable trunking but I don't think it would have good UV performance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Builders merchant. They sell plastic chaneel intended for roofing, the valley between intersecting pitched roofs.

harry

Or guttering for commercial buildings - larger than the domestic type.

Reply to
PeterC

Difficult to obtain in small quantities - unless a supplier will send you a free 'sample' but larger than cable trunking is cable troughing, eg as used along the sides of railway lines. Available in concrete and concrete substitutes.

Or could you scrounge some 8" dia water / soil / gas pipe and slice it in half lengthwise?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bill,

Yes, that did occur to me, too.

Harry,

Thanks for the link: I'll check it out.

PeterC,

Thanks.

Owain,

Thanks. Someone elsewhere suggested "trough" as a search term, which has opened up a lot of possibilities, including cattle feed containers and similar.

I did wonder about that, though scrounging enough (or indeed any, round here) would possibly be tricky.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and suggestions.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Or channel drain, without the grille if preferred

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Owain,

That's a good one, and very reasonably priced compared to some possibilities. Thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

dennis

Thanks for those links, the first one especially. That industrial guttering is an ideal size, though it's a pity that the delivery charge is so high, presumably in part because it comes in four metre lengths.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Doesn't quite meet your size spec though. I think Wickes "high capacity" guttering might actually have a bigger flow area, and that comes in 4 metre lengths.

Reply to
newshound

The sizes I gave weren't definite. And actually, the high capacity guttering is narrower (just) and less deep (considerably) than the drainage channel. Many thanks for the link though: all information is useful.

Reply to
Bert Coules