Subject Author Posted Replies

Poured concrete slab or paving slabs for oil tank?
Paving slabs might rock, no? I reckon an unbroken concrete base (shuttering, cement mixer etc) would be a lot better. How thick? 100mm enough? The back of the garden is mostly in shade at ground...
11
11

LED lighting for a light well
We have various light wells in this house, two of which are over landings, and each contains a 40w fluorescent tube, one of which is always on all night. In summer, that is perhaps eight hours, but...
17
17

Share advice
A relative has recently died, and I'm the executor. The relative had a few shares in Lloyds Banking Group, as a result of having an account with the Halifax in the days when it was a Building Society...
13
13

Thoughts on cordless vacuums please
We, her indoors and myself, are considering cordless vacuums. there seem to be 2contenders for the top, the Dyson V^ Fluffy and the Vax Air Cordless Lift U85-ACLG-B. any thoughts would be appreciated.
70
70

Whats App probably OT
Is it likely that mail addresses are being harvested from Whats App users for spamming purposes? I have just had a mail from my daughter with no message other than a link to what may be a wedding...
16
16

Cultural enrichment 3
Unbelieveable this one. Red cross aid trashed because it's "unislamic"
2
2

Expanding foam, not good for your hair!
Apparently this woman mistook expanding foam for some kind of hair product, it didn't go too well by the look of it! Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
7
7

Brexit - can we have back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?
16
16

Thorium
They don't seem to have a charismatic front-man like Kirk Sorenson, but another team working on an "easy" to make Thorium reactor. It seems it can/does produce some plutonium depending how it's...
22
22

Cultural enrichment 2
http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/09/muslim-welfare-refugees-trash-nearly-2-million-home-they-are-living-in-for-free-and-laugh-about-it/
3
3

Floor mounted pillar drills?
Hi All, I am in the market for a lightish duty (more 'little and often' than 'continuous' use) floor mounted pillar drill. I would prefer to spend as little as necessary to get something useable. I've...
9
9

converting american lamp wiring to UK standard
Hello, My OH bought a lantern from ebay, not realising that the voltage etc is different in the US. It has a GU10 bulb that states 120V 25W, so I thought that will be easy: we will fit a 240V 25W...
7
7

OT Even more cultural enrichment
A hoard of mostly male muslims approaches our boarders. Few women. I expect they'll want to make use of ours. A TWISTED sex offender snatched a six-year-old girl off the street and bundled her into...
20
20

How the disabled are ripped off
110Ah deep discharge battery sold through some disability industry outlets: £149.95. Exact same battery sold for golf buggy: £60 Flightsafe device: £30. This is a three pin XLR plug with pins 1 and...
280
280

TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter and Aeroplanes
Suddenly in the last month or so our Freeview television picture is suddenly breaking up. We got a visit from the 'at800' Engineer who fitted a filter in-line before our television aerial amplifier....
94
94