Postage to and from Romania.

Was chatting on a forum which deals with such things to a Brit working in Romania. Seems there are quite a few. ;-)

Basically he bought and assembled a car aftermarket injection ECU (MegaSquirt) to convert one of his older cars. And was having problems.

I've built dozens of them hence my interest.

Proved rather difficult to fault find via the net, as he has fairly limited electronic skills.

He eventually asked if I would look at it for him - no local agent for them. Which I agreed to do. Easy for me as I have all the test rigs, etc.

But it seems he is having problems getting it sent to the UK - none of the local firms he's approached including some names I know from the UK seem to be interested. And one local one quoted over 100 Euros.

When I send them in the UK I just use the PO and second class. For about 3 quid. ;-)

Any tips on how to do it? I'm also worried about sending it back if it ever does make it to the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Get him to ask one of the millions of Romanians who will be coming over in the next two years if we vote to exit. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

LIES!

It's just EU postage. Same as France or Ireland.

Reply to
Adrian

I just asked a Romanian colleague how he'd send a small computer from there to here, and he said DHL or UPS or similar.

Mind, the DHL Romania operation doesn't give prices as easily as the UK one...

Reply to
Clive George

Been in touch again. He's not had any problems getting stuff sent from the UK - that where this came from anyway. It's sending to the UK that seems to be the problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm pretty certain he's tried those. Of course could just be balking at paying 100 Euros - I certainly would. I've never charged more than 50 quid to check and repair one. ;-)

BTW, it's a very robust (and light) device as regards sending it. Basically just an ally box. No screen or anything delicate.

That could well be it. I think we're spoiled in the UK. Generally fast and secure to just pop something like that in the ordinary post. Seems it's not in many other countries.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fedex may be worth a try, or UPS. I did FEDEX to the US last week it cost 40 pounds for next day delivery.

Reply to
Capitol

Probably trying to get away from all the Roma gypsies that are thieving their way around Britain these days.

I doubt that very much.

Just like you, then.

Is this a sideline you're attempting to break into for those times when bog-cleaning goes quiet?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom