Subject Author Posted Replies

Local Aldi Xmas Gifts [DIY]
Local Aldi had angle grinders on sale tonight [must have found some old stock?] 1.2 kW grinder for £9. Couldn't resist adding another one to my collection! Great Xmas Pressies, I find you have to...

how to get smell out of car footwell carpet?
Are you sure that it's just the front passenger foot well? The mud may have been the obvious sign but smelly ditch water may have migrated to the drivers side or to the rear. Try a large bag of cat...
15
15

Hornets Nest
About two months ago we discovered we had a hornets nest in one of our outside walls. We called the exterminator and they came and bombed or spray them where they were going in. Now we have an awful...
22
22

Riverside Cottage 9
Two threads going on LED lighting! Here's a third:-) Construction is approaching first fix electrics and I have little idea how to arrange the lighting. Wall lamps in our existing house have gradually...
13
13

Lighting for summerhouse - Battery?
My friend has built a summerhouse and is now talking of using an extension lead to provide power for a bit of decorative lighting. I want to direct him down the path of 12V lighting as he has car...
19
19

Croydon Tram
Perhaps soon to comment - but apparently there is no automatic speed limiter. I reckon most of us could conceptually design a maximum speed limiter that adapts to the zone that the tram is operating...
188
188

A nuisance caller got through TruCall
This is the first to get through the net, since I installed our BT 8500's with the TruCall system 8-o . The system logged a series of calls from 01134196912. Which at first glance suggested it might...
47
47

So much choice! LED tape lights.
This is not a question really... Just an observation - but the things I've found are quite interesting. No affiliation with anyone listed below. Going to be using a fair bit of LED tape. The basic...
13
13

Gas Meter Question
A few months back National Grid sent our road a letter saying they were going to "renew the old pipe" which delivers gas to your property" within the next few months. And would need to gain access...
5
5

Wireless network card advice please
ATM my PC computer is connected to my router via a cable, and the router is adjacent to a phone socket. But in the not-too-distant future it may not be practical to have the PC immediately adjacent to...
12
12

Design and installation of telecommunications and broadcast infrastructure within the home – Code of practice
PAS 35491_v2.0 recommendations for the design and installation of domestic wiring infrastructure for the delivery of digital services based upon the requirements of BS EN 50173 and BS EN 50174. For...
1
1

Has anyone here got any actual experience of online estate agents?
Can I re ask the original question. Has anyone here got any actual experience of online estate agents. I'm interested but have tired of ploughing through all the dross and not finding a reply with...

Cracks on internal walls
It sounds like cavity wall tie failure to me. New ones can be retro-fitted, so don't let anyone make a big job out of this. It's a simple procedure. It will have to be looked at by an expert. ie a...
6
6

Correct tool for the job Pt4
You want to check your e-bay delivery estimate date. Do you: a) Prod at a little screen with your greasy and pudgy fingers? OR b) Sit back and use the proper tool for the job?
2
2

OT: Useful things to do with CO2
Costing the Earth, BBC R4, Wednesday 9.00PM Can we find a use for all that pesky climate-changing carbon dioxide? Tom Heap reports.
19
19