Subject Author Posted Replies

Online Specs
I seem to recall a thread or three a goodly while back re online specs. Being a little peeved at Specsavers when is a 2for1 offer not a 2for1 offer, I am now in the market for some new goggles for the...
5
5

A question for our resident Sparkies
Gentlemen, Some of the 13A power socket installing in our house leaves a bit to be desired. The sockets are fine old English-made ones, but they look to have been installed by a wanker with a blunt...
13
13

Debt! OT
Does it require a court order before bailiffs can attend on an unpaid invoice? If so does the debtor have an opportunity to explain the circumstances?
12
12

Brushes for old AEG STSZ jigsaw
I have an ancient AEG STSZ350 jigsaw that recently started popping and sparking. These are the brushes: And the brush holders/commutator: And finally the jigsaw's type plate: I've found a company that...
22
22

deleting Vaio from Sony computer
Can I simply delete Viao from my Sony computer and then load a fresh Windows 10?
15
15

maybe lightning cables arent such a good design after all?
While the article says apple isn't too blame you have to wonder how a dangerous voltage got onto the connector when its so exposed. An iPhone user from Huntsville, Alabama, has been seriously injured...
27
27

Honeywell Evohome or Geniushub
The comments in an earlier thread pushed me into a long spell of Googling and I'm now just about decided on either Evohome or Geniushub, with a few mechanical TRVs or programmable (but dumb) TRVs in...
3
3

Re engineering 18V drill batteries
Has anyone found a source of 18V Li batteries which can be used to replace NiCd with a bit of mechanical bodgery? I have a number of perfectly sound cordless driills which need new batteries and going...
3
3

Hex shanked small twist drills
Have others found the problem of modern hex drill bits failing to grip in the hex section when drilling steel. I find once the bit has slipped in the hex section, it is not possible to secure it well...
3
3

cleaning stone chippings
We have bath stone chippings in our small garden, spread loosely on a concrete base. Over the years they've become contaminated with dead leaves, twigs and compost and I'd like an easy way to clean...
28
28

Eaves fillers
I've got one corner of the house where about every other year starlings manage to wriggle under the tiles and nest in there, so far they haven't made an appearance this year, so it being a nice day I...
5
5

OT: No. its April 2nd...
(paywalled) "Despite uncertainty over Brexit ? formally triggered last week by prime minister Theresa May ? central bankers from around the world see the UK as a safer prospect for their reserve...
3
3

Which Endoscope snake cameras - Recommendation >
Looking for a small endoscope/snake/borescope camera to investigate some partition walls cavities, under floorboards and a bricked in chimney breast. Seems to be a wide range available on eBay. Choice...
4
4

More of Mike's kittens
Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket. File:IMG 8843.JPG - DIYWiki File:IMG 8849.JPG - DIYWiki File:IMG 8852.PNG - DIYWiki http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG
36
36

Using an unvented DHW cylinder in a vented system
I'm considering a step-by-step replacement of an existing heating and hot water system, eventually ending up with pressurised heating and mains pressure hot water. For various reasons it would be much...
4
4