Which Endoscope snake cameras - Recommendation >

Looking for a small endoscope/snake/borescope camera to investigate some partition walls cavities, under floorboards and a bricked in chimney breast. Seems to be a wide range available on eBay. Choice of Laptop USB, Android and Wifi for a premium. Anyone bought one recently ? Suggestions, recommendations and ones to avoid please. Cant find any recent posts on the subject. Thanks

Reply to
Robert

The price of the Aldidl one has gone down a lot since I bought mine so is even better value. Even at the earlier price it paid for itself in what I was able to do that I couldn't do before. I found a knack for orientating the picture before I thrust the camera end into the void. The only thing I regret is that my version has no provision for recording to SD card and, while not essential it would have been an advantage IMO.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

They are more difficult to use than you might expect. I used to use the steerable Olympus fibre optic ones that you sometimes see surgeons using which used to cost something like a year's salary. That was hard to use. The non steerable ones that you are looking at are more difficult.

I have a usb laptop one and one with its own screen. The laptop is extra clutter when working in difficult spaces so I would recommend Android over laptop. Wifi sounds good especially if you have a second pair of hands available. Being able to record or take stills is an advantage. There is a trade-off in performance between the thinner and thicker ones. The 90 degree view is not very good on my "thin" one. The fatter one has a "clip on" mirror which works better, but it adds extra bulk when space is tight. They have different angles of view, which is best depends entirely on what you are looking at/for.

Reply to
newshound

En el artículo , Robert escribió:

You can give it to the missus when you've finished with it.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Just be aware anyone could be watching...

Svakom's Siime Eye exposes your most intimate moments

Paul.

Reply to
Paul