Using an unvented DHW cylinder in a vented system

I'm considering a step-by-step replacement of an existing heating and hot water system, eventually ending up with pressurised heating and mains pressure hot water. For various reasons it would be much easier to replace the cylinder quite early in the process and to switch from tank to mains at a later stage. I can't think of any reason why using a Megaflo with a header tank for a while would be a problem - can you?

Reply to
nospam

It should work. Better than using a vented cylinder in an unvented system!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'm going to use a thermal store because of height and plumber issues with megaflo systems.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I was very tempted to use a thermal store when we worked on this place

10-15 years ago, but opted for a MegaFlow because of quick availability. The house we're moving to is quite large so I'm concerned about the ability of a thermal store to transfer the heat fast enough to supply the worst case situation of (say) 2 showers and a bath at the same time.
Reply to
nospam

Replace the existing system which is far more reliable than mains pressure systems.

Reply to
harry