Subject Author Posted Replies

Different use by device of NiMH and alkaline cell
Remember folks, that is the voltage between its terminals, irrespective of the state of charge! ROFLMAO! The point of teaching English and having dictionaries is to express things unambiguously. Shame...
38
38

Playground equipment
I'm treasurer of a village hall management charity. We have a public playground next to the car park. A couple of weeks ago some bozo drove his car through the playground fence and into one of the...
24
24

(OT) Windows 10 and Panasonic Videocam Suite
Openshot and DVD styler are what you want for editing videos and creating DVDS respectively and VLC will play the MPGs. All of these are high quality freeware/shareware.
17
17

Replacing cast iron drain funnel
In our bathroom, the drains from the bath and the basin exit the wall as lead pipes next to each other. They come down about 6 inches and are above a cone shaped cast iron funnel which sits on top of...
8
8

iPhone charge socket
Remember the problem some people were having with the iPhone charge socket getting fluff in the bottom and thus not allowing the plug to be inserted fully, leading to intermittent charging? Well a...
4
4

Switch ID
Does this switch look familiar to any of you? I need to replace it but the manufacturer of the device does not list it as a spare part! Its the switch from the Kenlowe after-market thermostatic fan...
59
59

A tale of mow...
knew it was too good to last. I was pleasantly surprised to find the first cut of the year I did a couple of weeks back was really easy - no damp grass clogging the mower, or soft ground for it to...
17
17

What is it
Mode-Pelle all it brings up is footware
14
14

Cloudflare
About a year or so back, I began getting spam from all sorts of British sup ermarkets telling me to claim my prize. For the first time in a while I clicked the link to Co-Op just to see what it was...
3
3

2" wide slit trench
I've just laid underground drainage using 80mm permeable pipe in trenches t hat were 6 inches wide and up to 24 inches deep. What I want to do now is t o create some very narrow slit trenches that can...
29
29

uPVC window lock repair - security rods seized within frame?
Hi All I'm looking at repairing a problem with a window lock on a uPVC window. The 'reported fault' is that the window locking no longer works. It looks to me as though there is a gearbox into which...
2
2

Hollow wall fixings
I'm hanging blinds in two patio-door recesses. The top surface of the reveal is plasterboard. then a space (presumably where the plasterboard was dot-and-dabbed) then what seems to be a pretty hefty...
21
21

[OT] Butterflies
Every spring, I have to rescue butterflies from my shed. I can see them fluttering against the window, from house or garden, and released four yesterday. Question is, what are they doing in there? I...
18
18

Save me from Ikea cr*p
My daughter bought a ceiling light from Ikea,so I went up to fit it. what absolute rubbish, naff plastic, a patent device to hold the wires, hardly grips them. No way to fix the light securely to the...
48
48

Cleaning a pond
We seem to have accumulated quite a lot of grubby, muddy silt at the bottom of the pond that the fish keep stirring up and which is clogging the filters. Any recommendations for some kind of...
13
13