Cloudflare

About a year or so back, I began getting spam from all sorts of British sup ermarkets telling me to claim my prize. For the first time in a while I clicked the link to Co-Op just to see what it was all about and found it was a tracker from cloudflare. A retail servi ce agency from San Francisco:

CloudFlare experienced a security breach in 2012 that allowed the hijacking of CloudFlare CEO account which allowed access to CloudFlare customer acco unts.[24]

From September 2016 through February 2017, a major CloudFlare bug (nickname d Cloudbleed) leaked sensitive data?including passwords and authent ication tokens from customer websites, by sending extra data in response to web requests.[25] The leaks resulted from a buffer overflow, which occurre d according to analysis by CloudFlare, on approximately 1 in every 3,300,00

0 HTTP requests.

All this time I had been dumb enough to assume that a syndicate of supermar kets had been sharing my buying habits among themselves.

It turns out I was signed up with a a talktalk-like secure web blanket that nobody had told me about. What do you suppose is pinging one in every thre e point three million requests for my information?

As an aside; since the NSA is hell bent on finding out what brand of toilet paper I wipe my arse with, what is Hillary Clinton going to do with the da ta now?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Do a commercial on toilet paper? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Weatherlawyer brought next idea :

Well, a bit more than a year here, but...

I had assumed that was all due to Talktalk who I was then with, having their customer's account details hacked. Following the hacking I was inundated with spam and nuisance phone calls, such that I have now changed ISP's. The spam still appears on the old TT account and the callers keep ringing, but my phone system blocks all of the calls. Zero spam so far via the new account since Novemeber.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Promise you won't look?

Reply to