What free 0-advertisement phone/sms-mms/contact integrated app do you use?

What free 0-advertisement phone/sms-mms/contact integrated app do you use? <
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/01/28/phone.jpg

On my main phone, I haven't seen an advertisement in years, but recently I inherited 4 older non-rooted Android phones after Christmas, and am setting them up, where I never realized until now how crappy most phone/sms-mms/contact apps are.
* They have ads (who the heck wants to see ads, ever?) * They aren't integrated well (from any one app, we should go to the other) * They don't switch easily from dialer to phone to sms to contacts etc.
After some trial and error, I am tentatively using these three: 1. phone True Phone 1.7.1 com.hb.dialer.free 2. sms-mms Pulse 2.7.7.1873 xyz.klinker.messengerUser 3. contact True Phone 1.7.1 com.hb.dialer.free
What free 0-advertisement phone/sms-mms/contact integrated app do you use? <
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/01/28/phone.jpg

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 17:38:34 +0000 (UTC), Harold Newton

When you use Android, you are "signing up" for ads. It is a free (read that as advertising supported) operating system, so "you get what you pay for"
I use a Blackberry Q10, and the native SMS app works flawlessly with no ads.
What's a dialer???
On 01/28/2018 11:24 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The 10-key keyboard you use to make phone calls. There are a number of them. I use the one that came with the phone (why not?) plus the Hangouts dialer which enables me to make free wifi calls using my google phone number.
I don't mind ads that run along the top or bottom of the screen, but the ones that take over the entire screen are so annoying that even if I were tempted to buy something by one (hey, it could happen, just because I've never bought anything from an unsolicited ad in my entire life doesn't mean it's impossible!) I wouldn't!
--
Cheers, Bev
"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 12:02:32 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

I think it's called a "T-9 Dialer" but I don't know why it's called that.
As you know, just running a Google search never works, but I'll post the results from a search for the best free ad-free T9 dialer separately to answer the inevitable objection from people who don't understand freeware.

I would think that with all the resources on this newsgroup, that we could some up with a good free ad-free T-9 phone dialer that is available to everyone on Android.
I deleted the "True Phone" from Google Play (which was version 1.7.1 com.hb.dialer.free) and installed the older version 1.6.5-1 APK which says it doesn't have ads.
The only difference I see, so far, is that the Google Play "True Phone" version "says" it will have ads after 7 days, while this "beta?" version (seems to say?) says it will not. https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-true-phone-best-dialer-contact-t2934816

it isn't. t9 is something separate.
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:49:36 -0500, nospam wrote:

It's a good question what the 'dialer' is properly called, which I never thought about until The Real Bev answered Clare Snyder's question. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T9_(predictive_text)
T9 (predictive text) T9, which stands for Text on 9 keys, is a U.S.-patented predictive text technology for mobile phones (specifically those that contain a 3x4 numeric keypad), originally developed by Tegic Communications, now part of Nuance Communications.
T9 was used on phones from Verizon Wireless, NEC, Nokia, Samsung Electronics, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Sanyo, Sagem and others.
It was also used by Texas Instruments PDA Avigo during the late 1990s. Its main competitors are iTap created by Motorola, SureType created by RIM, Eatoni's LetterWise and WordWise, and Intelab's Tauto.
T9's objective is to make it easier to type text messages. It allows words to be entered by a single keypress for each letter, as opposed to the multi-tap approach used in conventional mobile phone text entry, in which several letters are associated with each key, and selecting one letter often requires multiple keypresses.
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 21:17:07 +-0000 (UTC), Harold Newton wrote:

Just to help those who don't yet understand freeware, here are the generally nearly useless results of some searches that were run prior to asking the question on this newsgroup for "free ad-free android dialers".
The Best Free Dialer Apps for Android https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/the-best-free-dialer-apps-for-android-669285 1. Ready Contact List 2. KK Phone 3. Contacts+- 4. Reactiv Dialer 5. DialApp 6. DW Contacts
Best Free Android Dialer Apps https://getandroidstuff.com/best-free-dialer-apps-android/ 1. Ready Contacts +- Dialer 2. Dialer One +IBM- free smart dialer 3. GO Dialer 4. Swipe Dialer Free 5. Dialer +- 6. RocketDial Dialer & Contacts
Softonic What are the best free dialer apps for android? https://solutions.softonic.com/what-are-the-best-free-dialer-apps-for-android 1. Drupe 2. ZenUI Dialer & Contacts 3. Truecaller 4. Ready 5. True Phone Dialer & Contacts 6. Contacts+- 7. Hangouts Dialer 8. Dialer+- 9. ExDialer
What is the best Android dialer app? https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-Android-dialer-app 1. Drupe (contains ads so it's useless) 2. True Phone Dialer & Contacts 3. ZenUI Dialer & Contacts 10 Best Android Dialer Apps for 2018 https://www.updateland.com/best-android-dialer-apps/ 1. Contacts Phone Dialer: Drupe (contains ads so it's useless) 2. ExDialer & Contacts 3. Contacts+- 4. Truecaller Caller ID & Dialer 5. ZenUI Dialer & Contacts 6. True Phone Dialer & Contacts 7. Contacts & Dialer by Simpler 8. Hangouts Dialer - Call Phones 9. OS9 Phone Dialer 10. Swipe Dialer - Free
7 Excellent Dialer Apps for Android https://www.pocketmeta.com/7-excellent-dialer-apps-android-25799/ 1. Ready Contact List - Price: Free (with IAPs) 2. Dialapp KitKat Dialer - Price: Free (with IAPs). 3. KK Phone - Price: Free (with IAPs) 4. Dialer+- - Price: Free 5. ExDialer - Price: $5 (free trial) 6. Truedialer - Price: Free 7. Reactiv Phone Dialer - Price: Free (Pro version available)
Phonearena 5 best Android dialer apps https://www.phonearena.com/news/5-best-Android-dialer-apps-for-2016_id77398 1. Phone 2. Drupe 3. Zero Dialer 4. Ready Dialer 5. Truedialer
Top 10 Contacts and Dialer Apps For Android Devices https://beebom.com/best-dialer-apps-for-android/ 1. ExDialer & Contacts 2. Contacts+- 3. Go Contacts Pro 4. Contakts 5. RocketDial Dialer & Contacts 6. PixelPhone 7. Dialapp 8. Dialer One 9. Swipe Dialer 10. Simpler Dialler
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:24:35 -0500, Clare Snyder wrote:

That's just dead wrong. Anyone who knows Android knows there are *plenty* of Android apps that are free and which don't have any ads in them.
The only question is just which are the best free add-free apps for phone dialers, sms/mms, and contact management - all integrated together.
Back on topic, I just noticed that the "True Phone" is only ad free for a week, so we still need a good free ad-free phone/contact integration app.
1. Dialer/phone/contact app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hb.dialer.free 2. MMS/SMS app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger
F-droid has only this (150KB) T-9 Dialer2 which crashed a lot in my tests. https://f-droid.org/packages/org.dnaq.dialer2/
The "True Phone" app is (maybe?) free if gotten as a beta: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-true-phone-best-dialer-contact-t2934816
Here is the APK I am testing out: <http://dl.hamsterbeat.com http://dl.hamsterbeat.com/dialer/com.hb.dialer.dem-080-1.6.5-1.apk
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 12:38:40 PM UTC-5, Harold Newton wrote:

I've had three androids, just used the stock apps for those functions that came with it and never saw any adds.
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:48:49 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

What is the unique APK name for those three stock phone apps?
(The APK can easily be obtained from any free app backup & restore app.) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.usage.appbackup
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 6:12:35 PM UTC-5, Harold Newton wrote:

Dialer, contacts, messaging, all are part of the Android nougat standard load, AFAIK.

APK Extractor--No AD https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ares89.appextractor
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:28:29 -0600, M.L. wrote:

Fair enough response but it's only the *means* to the answer. Not the answer.
That specific app (or any backup app) is only the *means* to the answer. And for that, *any* backup app is useful.
So I'll grant you that this suggestion is fair and square, and useful.
But it's only the means to the answer to the question. It's not the answer to the question.
That's likely a great app to *obtain* the answer to the question, but that's not even close to the answer to the question.
It doesn't matter *how* we get the answer to the question, but saying how to get the answer doesn't answer the question.
Trader_4 suggested: On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 14:48:49 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote: > I've had three androids, just used the stock apps for those > functions that came with it and never saw any adds.
That's a fine suggestion - but it's not actionable until this is answered: Q: What is the unique APK name for those three stock phone apps?
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 23:12:29 +0000 (UTC), Harold Newton wrote:

Mobi? Seriously? That's one of the major app ad services.
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:14:57 +0700, JJ wrote:

Fair enough. You entirely missed the point on naming the phone/sms-mms/contact APK.
But your objection to mobi is understandable. Hence a fair objection.
However ... look here (at my Windows backup of Android over the Wi-Fi LAN):
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/01/29/mobi.jpg
Notice this: App Backup & Restore-mobi.infolife.appbackup-53-v3.2.0.apk
We've been through this before, in depth. Your objection is valid, but not the point. Hence a red herring.
I never update an app unless I'm forced to. My mobi is old - still works - and has zero ads. Hence, my version is good.
It has since, I believe, gone to the dark side. I'm not sure - but we discussed this in the past.
Assuming it has gone to the dark side, your objection to mobi is valid. So don't use mobi. Use whatever you need to use to get the APK name.
*The point was never mobi.*
The point is that for anyone to claim that "their" phone/sms-mms/contacts is the "one" to use is fine ... but without knowing the name of the APK, that claim is not actionable for anyone else.
The whole point is to be actionable here. We're not here to play games.
To wit: What is the full unique name of the phone/sms-mms/contact app that your experience recommends?
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 05:33:27 +0000 (UTC), Harold Newton

And exactly what does all this tripe have to do with "alt hiome repair" - you crossposting troll!
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 01:37:10 -0500, Clare Snyder wrote:

Fair enough. Removed the crosspost.
When you want the answer, just go to the search engine then.
http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android